What type of hearing aids!

After a tough year of health issues and fluctuating hearing loss. Everything seems to of settled down. Unfortunately, while I wasn’t feeling well I removed my hearing aids(migraines etc) and now I can’t find them.

I’m now back working and out and about but I’m
Feeling I’m missing so much again and need to get a new pair. I’m thinking of changing audiologist as I never seemed to get to where I felt I heard, as I possibly should with aids (unless my expectations are unrealistic). I have worn Oticon 1 with full power domes.

Would love to get your opinions so I can research and try get informed before making this huge investment again.

Thanks in advance!!!

My opinion, given your audiogram, consider new OTC aids. If they don’t help, no loss.

His hearing loss is not in the range OTC heading aids cover.

8 Likes

@Neville Would you care to elaborate on that please.

1 Like

OTC is for mild moderate, this guy’s loss is essentially flat 60.

5 Likes

You have a flat hearing loss. Typically that should be a pretty straight forward hearing aid fit.
My thoughts are any of the good hearing aids should do well for you if properly fit. This includes the Costco aids.

You may want to go for earmolds with that loss but if double domes do the trick, excellent.

Keep us posted.

4 Likes

I suggested OTC because his audiogram looks like mine and OTC, while far from perfect, actually works for me. I need most people to just be louder. I also agree that any of the new premium aids, properly adjusted, should be good, but much more expensive.

1 Like

Costco HAs are only $1500-$1600 and are top tier prescription HAs. If cost is a factor.

The Jabra EP 20 is the same as ReSound Nexia 9.
The Phillips 9040 is similar to Oticon Real.
The Rexton Reach is the same as the new Signia.

This is worth trialing for flat moderate hearing loss.

5 Likes

OTC didn’t work for me; tried Sony C10 & Eargo 6. Not enough power & speech clarity wasn’t adequate.