What New Hearing Aids Would You Like To Try?

I truly believe that given say 2 months I could get use to different hearing aids, now that you have an audiologists that understands my hearing loss and likes and dislikes

Sorry but some of you guys are looking at this the wrong way, user reviews for consumer items are everywhere and always have been, these are essential for the public to know whats ok and and what’s rubbish, it’s not just how they sound to different people, user friendly and helpful features are also in the mix, just because one HA sounds terrible to one and good to another is totally Irrelevant, with a user review one can at least make a informed decision, as has been mentioned so many people know absolutely nothing about HAs, so they need good old fashioned reviews to help them choose which to trial, otherwise they have to use the recommendations from the audiologist clinic, which can be biased towards any one particular brand.
So one way to do your research is to read/watch user reviews.
You’ll find them right here on hearingtracker by the “professionals” and by us users, I think the OP is doing the right thing, asking for what brand/model to review should get you asking for the next model your interested in.

4 Likes

User reviews are relevant for a lot of products because the consumers all use the same product for the same need and expect the same results. Hearing aids and hearing loss doesn’t work that way… but I feel like I’m banging my head against the wall. I will continue to buy aids based on how well they work for me and not based on someone else’s evaluation. That doesn’t help me. But to each his own

1 Like

Yeah I get what your saying, but a user review is helpful, one shouldn’t buy one over another just because they read a good review of it, lots of different reviews from different people on different platforms saying the same thing is “helpful” that’s all.

1 Like

Cut him a break. Might turn out to be even better than the stuff Dr. Cliff puts out.

2 Likes

I read technical data, before reviews, and I never take a audiologist review seriously, when it is online. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
And by the way I very much value the important from the experienced forum members.

1 Like

I’d be interested in a review of the Signia AX aids. These are pretty new and not mentioned here or elsewhere as much as Costco aids or Oticon or Phonak. I trialed and bought the Signia Ax, so it would be interesting to hear other people’[s perception of the aids and maybe learn more for the next time I need to upgrade (in many years!)
I’m musician so my choice was mainly driven by how well the Signia musician program functioned ( it took some tweaking but is much better than what old aids offered.) My speech recognition is good, as is hearing in noise when wearing these or my earlier aids. So, yes, different people have different criteria for what matters. Like others, connectivity and bells and whistles aren’t real deal makers or breakers for me. Quality of sound and dependability and and a long rechargeable battery life are far more important to me. So…to the OP, cover it all as best you can, please!

1 Like

I think that if there are only a few reviews for a certain aid, that probably doesn’t sway anyone’s choice much, if at all. But when there are many user reviews, a pattern usually develops. Now if 50% hate them and 50% like them, then again the reviews probably aren’t going to help.
One example is that Oticon is known for a more open, all inclusive sound, while Phonak is considered the opposite. Prior to trial, how would one know that?
And as mentioned, many audi’s have incentives to sell certain aids (or only offer 1, maybe 2 different mfg’s aids), so reviews would seem to be helpful for many to narrow their choice so as not to be swayed only by “the car salesmen”
Those that find reviews unhelpful appear to be the most experienced and tech savvy, as well as long term users, and I can understand that. I don’t think anyone is saying to purchase aids based on a review or even many reviews, but they may point many in the right direction. Interesting topic…

2 Likes