What is the difference with drying capsules and other Desiccant Beads?

What is the difference with ha drying capsules and other Desiccant Beads(I mean those not for HA use In particular)?

I found other Desiccant Beads also in orange color, claim to be poisonless, but when invaild, ha drying capsules would be no color, those would be blue?
I don’t know other differences, can they be Substitution for ha drying capsules?

I have a Jerry glass case made from empty Jam glass cans. They are air tight. Put 3-5 packet desiccants (1 gram each) into the jerry can. Put a soft dry sponge over it. Leave the HA’s overnight, the moisture in the PVC HA’s tube dries up.
Basically there is not much difference. Change the Dessicants every 2-3 months. Dessicants are very cheap.

so it works.
maybe i can give it a try later.
I even find some orange Desiccant Beads claimed to be reusable.

Yes, that you can re-dry those orange silicon beads after they have discolored in an oven (at 140°C or so), then store them in batches in airtight containers. Doing this using a microwave oven is not a good idea (because they then run almost empty), a repairman told me.

maybe hair drier can do the job, then vacuume packing.

You get 200 to 500 (1 gram pack) dessicants from Ali Express at a very low price. Do not buy a large amount as 3-5 packs last a few months. The jerry glass can must be air-tight. In food packet (not oily), the dessicants is usable.
Only to find whether the dessicants work is when the moisture in HA’s tube dries up overnight.
Air drier is a good choice.
1/2/3/5/10g Non-Toxic Silica Gel Desiccant Damp Moisture Dehumidifier For Kitchen Room Living Absorber Bag Clothes Food Storage - AliExpress

very useful, thanks.

1 Like

i found some funny pics for a Jerry glass

2 Likes

Jerry glass can with air tight cap.

Yeah i don’t get it either. Is it a baling wire closure with a rubber gasket seal?

WH

1 Like

They used to sell French mustard in those in the 80s: with the cap too.

1 Like

Yes, it has white rubber thin gasket seal inside the cap. It is air tight. The most convenient glass can to use is the size of 2.5 X 3 inch.
The French mustard (@Um_bongo ), Heinz baby food or Jam glass can.
2 inch mouth/opening is too small for fingers. 3 -3.5 inch is just nice.

This ? aglass

1 Like

Both are airtight. The left can is more convenient than the right. Sometimes the air cap is very tight if you closed it very tight. The left can used a flip opener and it is mor convenient. Check the rubber gasket regularly. Used a cardboard with small holes to shield the hearing aids falling to the bottom. Keep the desiccants at the bottom.

1 Like