What is the best hearing aid for high frequency loss at Costco?

What is the best hearing aid for high frequency loss at Costco?
They sold me Rexton and I’ve had them adjusted multiple times and am still having trouble with comprehension

1 Like

That’s a really tough loss. Are these your first hearing aids? Are you hearing somewhat better than without hearing aids or with your previous pair if you had them? What kind of dome are you wearing? I would think the closed click sleeve would be best (or custom molds). You’re going to have a hard time hearing anything above 2000 Hz. Some frequency lowering might get you up to 3000 Hz, but a lot of people don’t tolerate it. I don’t think the secret is different hearing aids.

4 Likes

Also, you might check what receivers they are using with your aids. If it’s an M, maybe a P would be better. I found that custom ear molds also helped with my Rextons

1 Like

Any HAs can fit your loss, but no one can tell you which is best for you, you’ll only know this once you’ve done a trial, the Rexton are rebranded Signia models and are just as good as any others available, and as has been mentioned Signia has their own respective “frequency shaping” feature, ask your fitter if this is being used, could well make all the difference.

Well just remember that HAs don’t “restore” your hearing, you don’t say which models you have or if your an experienced user? are you within the return period (180 days) because if your just not convinced your fitter can get them sounding how you like, you could trial another brand.