What is latest firmware version for Oticon Opn? (Not the Opn S)

Many thanks, @e1405!
I see that I’m at 6.0, which might explain some of the Bluetooth linking problems I’ve been having ever since iOS 13. Time for a visit to my (almost useless) audiologist.

1 Like

My OPN1 minirite show firmware 6.1 I suspect there’s a newer version, but wonder if it’s worth my while to travel 500km to Bangkok for an update. The hearing aids work ok…they’re my backup pair. But if there’s an update that would make a difference, I wouldn’t mind taking the trip. Thanks

My OPN 1 is also showing 6.1. I’m a DIY so I do my own firmware update. If there’s a newer firmware in Genie 2 for my OPN 1, it would have notified me already. But I haven’t seen anything newer than 6.1. That latest 6.1 firmware seems quite stable and not giving me any problem, so it’s very unlikely that Oticon would try to do another firmware update after 6.1 anymore.

Thank you for that info. I agree, the HA themselves are quite stable.

Have you updated Genie2??
Looks like there is an update, downloading right now.
Download is going slow, probably many downloads going on at the same time.

Mike

Yes, I updated it yesterday. It does take a while to download, then another while to install. But I’m sure that yours is probably all done by now.

One interesting thing is that I was curious whether I can access the complete source from the oticon.com/help website like before for Genie 2022.1 or not, and this time it directs you to another site (myoticon.com) that requires filling out a complete and detailed credit application, which I did not do. Luckily, with the already loaded previous version installed, I just ran the updater and it knows where to look and update for me automatically.

Below is the update note somebody posted in another thread for 2022.1. Also note that the new 2-way hands-free phone call features for iOS MFI is not available for the OPN and the OPN S on the Velox and Velox S platforms. It’s only available for the More models that are on the Polaris platform if the More is updated to firmware version 1.3.

1 Like

Yes, just updated from the original installation.
No requirement to go to another website.

Mike

Is it safe to update the firmware via the NoahLink Wireless USB device?

For the OPN and OPN S, I think (but not 100% sure) that you need to update their firmware via a wired interface. That’s because I have an Oticon FittingLink 3.0 wireless interface and I still had to use my miniPro for a wired update. A wireless firmware update was not allowed.

But for the More, only the Noahlink Wireless is compatible with it so a wireless firmware update is actually the only option via the Noahlink Wireless.

If you’re talking about an OPN or an OPN S and want to update its firmware using the Noahlink Wireless, you can try to see if it’d allow you to do it or not, but I doubt it. If it does, please report back and share so we all know. Thanks.

That’s interesting. Are you based in the US? If so, didn’t you get this page (as shown below) where it says to go to “MyOticon” link for Genie 2 2022.1???

What is the latest Firmware Version for the OPN?
Thanks!

I’m on 6.1 for my OPN 1 and I haven’t seen any later version after that.

Thank you again for your quick response. I just wanted to confirm - I am on latest 6.1 also. I want to keep OPN1 up to date even though I wear Mores1 primarily.

I just updated the More via Noahlink wireless. No problem!

3 Likes

Yeah, V, I got that same screen, but used the Genie Updater Tool, which for some reason would not work until I copied the Udater.exe file into Genie2 folder.

Thanks for confirming, @flashb1024 . I’m able to update using the Genie Updater Tool without having to go to that new link (which requires filling out an application), too. I didn’t have to manipulate anything like you did (copied the Updater.exe file into the Genie 2 folder), however. Maybe mine is in there already for some reason.

Nope, just the Genie Updater.

Chuck,
OPN, OPN-S, More could all be Mini RITEs, all have different Firmware.
I think Thou may trust your AuD too much.
Or he was talking about something else.

Mike

1 Like

I haven’t seen any reason to distrust my audiologists. He has always admitted when he was wrong or didn’t know.

I am on firmware 6.0 for OPN 1.

What’s the difference from 6.1?

Genie 2 keeps telling me that there is an update available. But not sure that I want to try it with Noah Wireless Link.