What do you use to store your hearing aids when out for the day?

When I’m out and listening to live music I like to remove my behind the ear HA’s (Jabra Enhanced Pro 10’s) currently I use a earbud case. My earbud case closes with a zipper and I worry that I may catch the HA ear plug leads in the zipper. Any better ideas?

Best thing to do is to use a hearing aid drier/moisture remover. --Steven

When you received your HA’s, they came with a small hard case. Use that.

1 Like

I only have the charger case. It is large, plus I want to keep it home for charging.
I’m thinking of something small thin and light that closes without a zipper.

First thought.
Your ears.

5 Likes

@RedMed have a look online at hearing aid supplies stores or eBay. I got a small Phonak travel case for mine and it’s padded inside with a kind of rubbery surface with a cushioned bit on the lid. It wasn’t cheap, but it was the right size for me.

1 Like

Ziplock snack size baggie.

I would use a purpose built case for anything over a couple hours.

I checked in the box the HA’s came in and found a small cloth case with a velcro closure. Perfect! Thanks turners 1962 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Get the one with the foam

I have an ANKER case that closes with a zipper. It was a surprise when I got an anker plug in for my USB cord.
DaveL

edit: my Phonaks came with two pocket cases. However, they are slippery and I’ve had them fall out of my pocket when I was driving. Don’t trust them…

Checking the delivery box thoroughly usually works!
Yes, I have the small velcro case, and it’s handy (Jabra).

1 Like

LOL! If I attended a music concert without my aids in … there’d be NO music, that’s for sure!

However, I’ve been in PLENTY of places with my aids IN, and if it gets too loud, I just turn them completely off and leave them in my ears.

3 Likes

I just started using HA’s three weeks ago. So I have been getting by, or faking it until now. By faking it I mean I pretend to hear what was said and nod. Or if the occasion permits I nod and smile. So I can still hear a band or orchestra. With the HA’s the music seems tinny or artificial. So when we went to a orchestra performance the other day I expected a improvement with the Jabra’s but the music just did not sound right. When I took out the HA’s I imminently could make out the harp that I did not distinguish with the HA’s. Then again I’m still getting adjusted and adjusting the HA’s. So that small pouch will come in handy next time I attend a symphony.
Went to a movie today. I have avoided movies for years since I can only make out what is being said maybe 50% during the movie. Today with the HA’s I could make out maybe 85%.

1 Like

That was going to be my answer.

1 Like

:flushed: yikes. You don’t want that to happen!

1 Like

Best case for me! (Does work with battery doors open as well, just they were in my ears.)

It’s the very old ITE case that Phonak made. Bought off eBay.

Take padding out and there’s none of this raffling around in the case.

The zip is good as the way the Phonak green and gold case closed, my friends one came undone in her bag and her HAs were damaged.

Should add, I only have the case as even in the Summer, it can pour it down with rain here in the UK and I won’t have a coat. Don’t take them out otherwise as they are safer in my ears even when batteries have died.

3 Likes

@Zebras

I’ll search for that! Much better than my slippery cases.

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

@Zebras

Thank you from my heart. Your posts always teach me something. And t his one–I didn’t know I didn’t know about this case which is so much better.

DAveL
Toronto