What Converter Gadget can I purchase that I can plug into one of the other available TV sockets with an Optical Socket on the other end that I can plug my optical cable into?

Have Analog 3.5 mm jack cable inserted from TV Connector gadget into headphone output port of TV.

Works as advertised. Sound of TV to my phonak aids is great. There is no sound outside of aids.

Also, I have an optical cable.

But, my TV does not have an Optical Output socket.

What Converter Gadget can I purchase that I can plug into one of the other available TV sockets with an Optical Socket on the other end that I can plug my optical cable into?

Here are the available sockets on the back of TV:

Socket 8: Connect the COAXIAL receiver.

Socket 7A: Connect the PC-RGB output jack of PC.

Socket 7B: Connect the Audio output jack of PC.

Socket 6C: Connect the HDMI output jack of DVD.

Socket 5: USB port

Connect that 3.5 to 7B. If 7B uses RCA jacks then convert that to 3.5 female.
What exact make and model tv do you have?

You want to add an Toslink Audio-out / Optical Output to your TV?
For this you can purchase an HDMI to Toslink Audio extractor
With this adapter connected to HDMI Port of your TV you can get an additional TOSLink optical Audio Out

Thanks for your help. My TV Westinghouse Model # DWM50F3G1

Thanks for the advise. I will try it.

I admit that I don’t know this stuff at all, but I looked at that specific model and it seems to me that 7B is an audio in from a PC. The only Audio outs I see are 2 and 3 (and 4 for private use of headphones)
What do you think after looking at the diagram of back of TV? Thanks.

I tried 7B, but I received no audio to my aids.

I then tried my TOSLink cable from my aids to the optical socket on my Xfinity box that is connected to the TV. The sound was much improved. However, I can’t use that method because there is no way to mute the sound.

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

So I’ve decided to purchase an HDMI to Toslink Audio extractor 8

Then, I will have both choices.

The only output I can find on that model is coaxial (or SCART which I think is a UK thing). I’m not so sure you can output HDMI. I think they’re all inputs. There are coaxial to toslink converters out there.

So it would be interesting if you can report your experience with that toslink/hdmi doodad. My tv doesn’t mute the toslink output. I connected to another tv and was surprised that it does mute the toslink. So your mileage may vary.

@MDB - with the limited information provided before the model number update…it was a guess.

I wasn’t holding you to it. :slight_smile: I just know you get this stuff a lot better than I do and wanted your take after looking at a diagram. Aren’t 2 and 3 audio outputs?

Have you checked your audio settings in your TV? Make sure that output is set up to function.

The watermark gives the citation if that matters…section 11, Specifications, page 33 - the green circled items are the only output of any sort. Everything else is input. The audio output power would be for the built-in speakers. SCART out doesn’t have a yes. Maybe this model doesn’t have it at all. I don’t think that toslink/hdmi adapter would work. The OP would need the coaxial to toslink adapter to get any other audio output other than headphone.

Thanks. I think my solution would be a new TV but realize that may not be feasible.