What color did you choose and why?

@SpudGunner

@sholk Aid is a Bone Conduction Aid or is might actually be a Middle Ear Implant. Not 100% sure.

Yes, my aids are KS9 from Costco🙂

Nothing comes up when I Google Sholk Hearing Aids. Are they relatively new on the scene?

You are a naughty APE! FFB would match my hair color (sorta), but I have my older Marvels in Platinum and my newer Lumity Lifes will be Champagne. That way, I can tell them apart easier.

O’course the Marvels are BATTERY, and the Lifes will be RECHARGEABLE, but toss 'em in a small box together, and the “beans” look pretty much the same size/shape, but for the color.

@SpudGunner

That is the name of the person on the forum. I tagged her.

@Zebras: Aaah! I see!

@SpudGunner

It’s a Cochlear Osia.

They look nice, really stylish :slight_smile:

I have a hunch that this is not entirely a Panasonic product. That it is something like Philips hearing aids, which are actually Oticon technology with some changes in design, etc.
Although there is no similarity with any known so far, but I would really like to see more details about who actually produces them.

It is an Osia bone conduction hearing aid

1 Like

@sholk , @Zebras: Thanks. I think I have sorted it out in my mind, at last! Thanks for your patience.

They are RICs and they are not @sholk 's hearing aids, they are @Goldfish 's hearing aids.

WH

2 Likes

This is my first pair of what I call “sound catchers” (HA’s) and I was looking for color - I want them to stick out - loud is for me. I think of them as a fashion statement. The Kirkland 10’s didn’t come in any mind-blowing colors though so I went with black - all the rest of the colors looked like they would be less noticeable. And I plan on getting some fashion bling for them. I’m not sure where to go for that, maybe some of you have some ideas?

As to why? Well, at first I felt like pretending I could hear as well as the rest of the world, and then I thought what the hell, it might be a whole lot more fun to really blast it out - let everyone know - I think if I tried to hide them or blend them in, for me, it might be harder than being loud and funky. And since I changed my tune it has been a lot more fun. In fact, I’ve started telling just about everyone I know that I’m getting these and I’m really looking forward to it. If people start to say … “I’m sorry …” I interrupt them and let them immediately that this is a good thing, a look forward to thing, and a fashion statement thing for me — no “I’m sorry’s” needed thank you!

I read the book Hear & Beyond by Eberts and Hannan and found their attitude and info helpful.

I have a shaved head and my aids stand out, so I went with black. I wanted something a little different. I didn’t want grey or silver because those seem to be the most common colors and I didn’t want something loud like red. And I don’t care if they are noticed.

I have black (Sharkey Evolv RIC 2400 R).

I wear glasses and all of them have black frames. Adding a small bit of black behind the ear to a larger bit of black seemed to make sense.

Quite frankly, if they offered blaze orange, I would have picked it. Regardless of input from my wife.

1 Like

YESSSS!!! I would choose the same! Or Fire Engine Red!

1 Like

Quite frankly, if they offered blaze orange, I would have picked it. Regardless of input from my wife.

When I looked at hearing aids at a Costco in Austin several years ago, they had burnt orange ones.

I chose blue for my Bernafons, and they’re still my favorite. Pretty color, and I loved the shape.

Actually, I originally chose titanium with a gray stripe, thinking they looked kind of space age. But I couldn’t stop thinking about the blue, and they let me change the color. Then I found out people pick gray and silver to match their gray hair, not because they look space age. I dodged a bullet on that.

My current pair is also blue.

When I got them, the audiologist said nobody had ever ordered anything other than the cadaver or hair colors, even though other colors were available. It’s obviously a choice I don’t really understand. And the shape is merely okay to me–better than the old-style BTEs, but not much.

Is there a reason they’re not made in fun shapes any more? Like the Oticon Delta–that’s the first one I remember that was a fun shape in fun colors. I was using ITEs at the time, and I think I actually looked into the Deltas but maybe they weren’t strong enough for me? I can’t remember, but it must have been something because I loved them, and I think it’s sad that it’s really hard to find even fun colors these days, never mind fun shapes.

2 Likes

I might have jumped at red! I’m champagne right now. Probably should have gone with black, but my audiologist said something about being easier to lose. I let her pick for me from the rest of the boring Phonak adult colors.

WH

I think I would like one with a see through case…might be interesting.
Dan

Yes. Reminds me of the watches where you can see the mechanism.

WH

Me too! Plus my hair is basically silver now, so they match,
Plus kinda invisible now too. I got my first (Audeo Marvels) 3 years ago, (at VA), I went in for replacements the beginning of this month, I picked the same color, my hard choice was Paradise Life, or the Regulars. I chose the regulars, cuz I don’t anticipate submerging in water any time soon.