What bluetooth protocol is required to stream into Phonak Audeo Lumity Life L90's?

I am guessing that APTX is a given - or is it?

The only device that I see on Amazon specifically for Lumity L90’s seems kind of crude - only 3.5mm/analog input and no optical/digital: https://tinyurl.com/23ar7h49

I can confirm it is Bluetooth 4.2:

1 Like

Phonak use A2DP and HFP. They do not use aptX.

3 Likes

That 3.5 Jack can do analog or toslink. What encoding depends on which version. There have been three. 2.0 is the best.

It is not bt. It is a proprietary system similar to that used by Roger mics.

WH

@confirm

To sort out things:
Option 1
Any device with Bluetooth (e.g. your phone) will stream to the Lumity. Music via A2DP, phone calls via HFP (these are the names of the Bluetooth profiles used to achieve that).
AptX is NOT supported (and not required by the way :blush:)

Option 2
The link you posted is the “TV Connector”, a dedicated device to stream an audio source such as the TV to your Lumitiy. The TV is connected analog or optical to the TV Connector.
It is wireless but uses a dedicated lower power / lower delay compared to Classic Bluetooth. Means optimized for TV watching where lipsynch and echo could be an issue otherwise.
Make sure you get the version where you can see button on the top, not the all black one.

cheers

3 Likes

Thanks. The Amazon listing shows the all-black one in the still photos, but the one with button on top in the video.

I’ve got Prime, ai I think I’ll give Amazon a shot anyhow if CostCo does not have it.

Mine showed this on my Amazon but I got the one with buttons on it shipped to me from Amazon.

Costco no longer stock Phonak products anymore unfortunately, you’ll need to go Amazon or Ebay.

• There is no APTX support, only SBC.
  • Bluetooth 4.2 is in reference to its compliance with Bluetooth LE (not LE Audio) for functionality with their app.
  • In theory it is possible to connect to older Bluetooth devices as far back as Bluetooth 2.0/2.1 where A2DP. The oldest devices I’ve managed to connect to are a Nokia 3310 and Samsung S II, both with Bluetooth 3.0

Al