What acoustic guitar sounds like through Signia's new IX hearing aids

This shows just how different we react to the sound we hear … to me with the HA"s on it gives me the full sound of the guitar, that I have been missing for most of my life :slight_smile:
It is also the range of sounds that I need to understand speech.

1 Like

Totally get ya! Sound is nuanced and like art - in the EAR of the beholder! :slightly_smiling_face:

I may be deaf as a cinderblock, but with aids IN, my hearing is highly nuanced - cuz that’s my reference point. Hubs is a major hifi afficionado, and he always asks my opinion on speaker set-up position or whether high end cables make a difference in audio quality, room acoustics, etc.

I’m kinda like an OLD bloodhound who can still sniff out the trail, heh-heh!

1 Like

Thank you thecaz! First concert I ever attended was Kansas.

You’re a youngster Steve!

My first concert was almost The Beatles in 1964 until my dad changed his mind! In the end, had to wait another 6 years to see Deep Purple, Free and Manfred Mann on a triple biller.

Learning to Travis Pick in the mid 70s was a game changer in my time as a guitarist.

I don’t have headphones but listened streamed to my Jabra Enhance Pros. The sound quality to my aided ears was very similar – except that the HA ON was much louder. Interesting thread! Thanks for sharing, @AbramBaileyAuD.

1 Like

@1Bluejay

I had an amazing time with the Practioner.
I was so eager! I showed up a week early, and he helped me anyway.

I had a long talk with him. He said that the little hairs that are damaged in our ears by exposure to loud noise don’t get better.
We went over my hearing aids. The old audi had changed the receivers to the middle power ones 2 weeks before my final audogram with him. (Practioner said they were ok;)

He hooked up my hearing aids. No hearing test because I wasn’t scheduled and they didn’t have the time.
He made a number of changes in settings. Turned the tinnitus stuff on (but I can’t tell).

Told him I was tired mid day from trying to hear. More changes. Gain I think.

I left feeling that I need more time.
I didn’t get copies of the Target User Report and the Target Pro Report. I want those.

And I travel 2 cities for his help. I need to find a way to get parts. Domes. Wax Guards. It costs me well over a $100 Cdn to go to an appointment, and I have to take time off work.

You’ve helped a lot.

DaveL
Toronto

edit:

**After second visit and adjustment I thought I was better off.
Nope
I’m constantly saying I can’t hear.

I don’t know what was changed…

I do hear music better. I can hear and know what instrument is playing. That’s a real plus. But I’m more hard of hearing than I was before…**

1 Like

My Great Aunt looked after my Father from about 2 yrs. His Mother had died of Spanish Flu

She was born deaf. She would go and be with orchestras playing live. She loved being there while they played.

DaveL