Weirdness from myPhonak app when listening to podcasts via roger on through media cable

Last night I was listening to podcasts from my phone through roger on via media cable. I went to change the ambient balance and at the bottom were TWO buttons, one to edit ambient balance and one to edit listening characteristics like other programs. Equalizer, etc.

If I hit that second button the ambient balance went to 0 Roger and 100% ambient. When I went into ambient balance again, the other changes I made disappeared. So I wondered if this was something new, but still a little buggy?

Then today it looks like it always has. So I wondered if I had new bits and the app hasn’t updated in two months.

What the heck? Has anyone else ever seen this?

WH

P90r aids.
Roger On v1
MyPhonak 6.6.0
iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 17.3 (which just came down Monday)

1 Like

I just tried this, the extra button wasn’t there.

iPhone 12 with iOS 17.3.
Phonak App 6.6.0.
Phonak P70.
Roger On V1.0.

2 Likes

I wasn’t imagining it! Saw it again today and grabbed a screen grab! It went full ambient when this came up. I changed the balance to full roger but not until I did a screen grab. There is definitely something weird going on, as the “calm” program is normally directly after Automatic. Roger is usually at the back between Acoustic phone and my Restaurant programs.

WH

I have had the same options come up before when I stream music from my phone. The strange thing is sometimes I see the same buttons you have sometimes I don’t. From what I can tell I get the extra buttons when i am in a custom mode and then start Bluetooth streaming. If they are in automatic mode first I never see them.

Besides either BT streaming or roger streaming, I’ve only been in auto all day. Interesting though, that others have seen it.

WH

Have you run Roger Upgrader lately. Ran mine last night just for fun and i had a firmware update. Dont remember the update number.

I haven’t since the on 2.0 came out and there was a firmware update then. So it has been months since anything changed except iOS. I think?

WH