Website problem?

I went to hearingtracker.com and saw an apparent requirement to take some sort of survey for Widex. The page wanted me to enter my email address and had no apparent way to refuse. I placed my cursor in a blank area, slicked, and was sent to a Widex survey with 3 question. The 3rd question gave me an option between canceling something - my answer? - and choosing the next question. But there IS no other question in a 3-question survey.

I’m on current Win 10 and current Chrome browser.

Was someone testing on a production system? For the record, right now I think less of Widex, which may or may not be fair.

Am I the only one who got the survey?

Sorry, Change management is in by past.

1 Like

No survey for me. I’ve been using Firefox with a windows 10.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised that Google is monitoring your web activity and is pushing marketing tailored to the web sites you are visiting. You can try to opt out of marketing suggestions in your Google account settings.

1 Like

This is not how Google works. They do not serve marketing surveys from themselves in this fashion. It would have had to have come from either an organic site from Widex themselves (not likely), or through PPC (pay per click) ads from some other provider who is selling Widex (which is most likely).

1 Like

I don’t work for Google so I don’t know how they work.

However, I do know that you can log into your account and change how personal ads and personal results are set up.

What would be happening here is Google serving an ad (based on browsing history) and that ad leading to a survey. I’m pretty sure that is what @user990 meant.

I don’t get this ad either so I suspect it is due to Google ad algorithms - you can use private browsing or clear your cache.

It does sound like the ad did a good job of obscuring the close option which is super annoying and frustrating when you are on the receiving end.

Chrome is the Google browser. They collect your information and sell it. I use a different browser. More hassle, but…

2 Likes

Some of the websites I use simply don’t work right on anything but Chrome. In one of my roles, I have to use a Chromebook, so I’m forced to use Chrome. I don’t sign into Google, except when I have to.

This wasn’t a Google ad. It was from HT or someone spoofing HT. Since I was presented with something from Widex, it was either from HT or from a hack with some sophistication or from Widex.

My guess is still that some lousy change control or insufficient separation between the test and production environments was at fault.

It’s why l clean the web browser every day.

Not sure what’s wrong with Firefox and uBlock addon
Works great.

2 Likes