Wearing two hearing aids, but upgrade only one (Phonak Infinio Sphere)

Hi all, I need an opinion and perhaps someone with experience wearing different HA on each ear.

I am currently wearing two hearing aids Oticon OPN 1. (Yes it’s old and time for new ones)
My left ear is the better hearing.
Please view my audiogram

I’m thinking of upgrading only one (right ear) to Phonak Infinio Sphere 90 (premium) , because they are super expensive.
And I don’t think this super adv HA is needed for my better ear (left), oticon opn 1 is sufficient this ear. What do you think?

If just upgrading to one phonak (right ear only). Would it be a much better hearing improvement for me ? Especially on speech noisy and loud background and understandability.
I also play piano and Singingbowls , but I prioritize better speech in noise quality.

Thank you!

1 Like

You should use two of the same to get the best of the features being offered, just like your OPN.

3 Likes

I have used a Phonak M and a Phonak P whitout any problem. I also used a Phonak M with a Sonic Enchant 60: no problem. I may not be ideal but it works very well.

1 Like

I think that Phonak needs two connected hearing aids to do many of its trick microphone steering features.

My dispensing Audi made mistakes setting up 2 Phonak Audeo Paradise P90’s.

The right and left hearing aids did not communicate. Autosense 4.0 did not work at all.

He suggested I find someone new. That person discovered this error. Furthermore the original audi did not spec the right domes.

The hearing aids were terrible until I found the right person set them up.

I hope this helps.

However, I understand your case. Do what you need to do.

DaveL

1 Like