Waterproof hearing aids for water sports?

Does anyone know of a Waterproof Hearing aid? I would like to be able to get in the pool with mine and not worry about every little splash. My only alternative is to not hear while in the pool and that is not comfortable for me. Especially while swimming with Grandkids and they splash a lot.

thanks

You’ve got PLENTY of company here with folks wanting the very same thing!! I bought the Phonak Lumity Life aids expressly as they offered two benefits: 1.) WATERPROOF (so their literature stated) and 2.) improved speech comprehension.

I give them a thumbs-up for #2, but #1 was a bust for me. I wore the aids for two short swims in a pool, snorkel mask on, never dunking my head lower than about 6" in the water. KILLED the aids after the 2nd swim of just 20 min. Perhaps it’s cuz I wear the softer, double-dome silicone tips and not a tight-fitting custom mold? Water manged to get INSIDE my ear, and from there, it was easy to flood the receiver/speaker there.

Phonak was magnanimous enough to replace that SUNK set, but since then I’ve never EVER gotten into the pool with them on. I think it’d be fine if I sat in an inflatable chair or inner tube, but like you, I wanted to be active in the water. If you think you’d end up with your head under water or really drenched in the pool then resign yourself to the fact that there still is NO WATERPROOF AID out there as we know it.

You can get away with a splash of water on your face, but treat any aid as if it is NOT waterproof and go from there.

2 Likes