Warranty Service for Rechargeables

I’ve read a few comments here from people who extended the life of their rechargeable HA’s by sending them in for service just before the end of the warranty period.
In order to get new batteries, is it sufficient to just make a warranty request or do you need to say that the batteries are deteriorating.
Thanks

This is kind of a grey area. Usual experience is to either send back new hearing aids or send back your plastic shells with new insides. Best to discuss with your hearing aid provider and tell them what you’re hoping for. That would give them the best info of how to communicate with the manufacturer.

I sent in my Phonak Paradise at year 2 as I was having trouble with length of charge. Most ha batteries are going to deteriorate over time so you can truthfully say that. My Audi didn’t know whether Phonak just changes out the batteries or sent back all new “insides”.

Thanks for your pointers. I think I will be able to safely say that my batteries are deteriorating just before the warranty ends.

My audiologist told me straight up to come in a couple months before the three year contract ends and she’d send them in. Then we’ll order new HAs and the refreshed HAs will become backups. Seems like standard practice.

WH