Volume control on Phonak Audeo Paradise when streaming from iPhone

I’m experiencing the weirdest (to me) issue when streaming via BT from my iPhone (Spotify if it matters) to my Audeo Paradise P90s. I can turn the volume all the way down on the phone, but the volume doesn’t switch off on the hearing aids. Even switching to mute doesn’t stop it. On the Phonak app, I can turn down the sound to -5 and it’s still audible (it’s on BT streaming + mic mode). I’ve just realised that the mute button on the app also doesn’t mute the audio now.

This doesn’t happen all the time, but I’ve no idea what the trigger is that makes it work sometimes vs not. It’s very frustrating as I then have to open the phone and pause, vs quickly pressing the reduce volume button.

Anyone any ideas?

When you mute the receiving microphone of the HA’s, the HA’s is still on. That is why you still hear the music streaming to your ears. In order to switch off the HA’s, you ahve to look for the switch off button or switch off Spotify in your iPhone.

Thanks dankailo. However, this doesn’t explain why sometimes I can turn the volume right down on my phone and at other times, I can’t!

1 Like

Try switching off the iPhone and on it again. Press the volume button and on off button simultaneously. Reset. Check whether it works.