VisionAid Z100 AR glasses for the hearing impaired

Maybe too early to tell but VisionAid Company has just come out with live text display glasses for those with severe hearing loss or deaf. From what I gather the company has solved a lot of previous problem other AI glasses/smart glasses dealt with.

Two day operating power supply (rechargeable)
No operating cord attachment
Glasses look pretty normal - with slightly sunglass look
Real time translation - one second delay
Prescription lens can be added (though not sure how this works)
Glasses also offer foreign languarge translation
Cost around $800 U.S. dollars

Only negative is VisionAid Company is based in U.K. but assume Z100 glasses will eventually be sold in U.S.

3 Likes

Video fully explains Z100 operation and in my opinion its pretty straight forward. Just wonder why Apple, Meta, Google, etc. haven’t jumped on bandwagon since live text translation glasses should sell like hot cakes if designed and built properly.

1 Like

Thanks @SayAgain3 , interesting. Waiting for reviews to come by…
Saw a compatible device on YouTube already …

4 Likes

Exactly, ya know what the possibilitys are with these types of devices! Honestly can’t understand why they took so long, I was first interested when google glass was going through its paces, and then dumped on because of privacy concerns!

1 Like

That‘s super promising but it’s a shame that the website nor the demonstration video show the glasses properly, how they look on your face, if they’re bulky and if they can really be mistaken for normal glasses…

I mean, it almost feels suspicious… a company that is able to develop such an advanced technology can‘t take 2 proper pictures…

Watched video - all very interesting. Not bad looking glasses, but I don’t believe G1 AR glasses offer live texting display during conversation. Or if it does I missed it. Lots of AI glasses can show you date, time, incoming texts, alerts, etc., but its a step up to handle text translation in real time.

Also hope existing and future AI glass manufacturers factor in glass temple tips for users who wear behind the ear aids. Size of G1 AR glasses temple tip looks like there might be an issue with fitting around ear if BTE aids are worn.

@SayAgain3
At 06:35 they are telling in this video it does!

Unfortunately I didn’t had these glasses myself so I only can tell what I found/ heard on YouTube

And the bulky handles are on his head at least far behind HA position

Emile - thanks for follow up and indeed G1 digital glasses has live text translation. And it appears end point bulky handles are pushed back - behind ear so I assume no interference with someone wearing BTE aids. I need to find out life of battery and how quickly they recharge. Interesting that Z100 glasses are made in U.K. while Even Realties G1 glasses made in Germany or China (or both locations).

Don’t see anything in U.S. that competes with these very interesting Smart Glasses.

Some of the early users report them sended from China. And one of the YouTube vloggers reports visiting the Chinese factory at the moment. But I don’t know either where the factories are.

Funny thing is that the prices in Europe are more than 25% above the price in Nord America. I emailed the vendor and asked him why, am waiting for an answer at the moment.

Information I collected on the internet is that these G1 glasses are less AI in that they don’t have camera and VR functionality. Therefore specially men’t for translating and speech capturing, so more usable for hearing disabled users.
Because of the used materials very light weighted also.

A minus is that they have a paid version in their software with a fee for hours of use of AI translation built on GPT functionality. Otherwise you get the Google translate modality version for free. Only first backers have the full functionality for free.

Found a fairly decent review for G1 Digital glasses on Facebook. Posted by Donnie Damato. Glasses have some strong points and weak points. Donnie mentions viewing text display fairly well inside but once you walk outside (in sun) display goes away. To correct problem you have to attach cheap looking dark outer lens (sun glasses) to darken viewing image. Not deal killer but bet those snap on sun glasses don’t last long.

What would worry me (and it might be true of all smart glasses) is the tapping feature to adjust smart glasses to different features/settings. How fast or slow do you tap? How many times? What part of ear piece or glass temple do you tape? Do you tap softly or hard? Etc. And (I can see this coming in spades) how often to you have to re-tap because first time (or more) smart glasses got it wrong or user got it wrong.

Firgure its going to take a year or so to get the bugs out of some of these translation smart glasses and around that time (2026) Apple will be coming out with their Apple Glasses.

This might be true for almost every AR glasses at the moment. They have more AI possibilities mostly also with camera etc.
The Even Realities G1 is simply more for texting, translation (and navigation). Optional on the other side AI GPT functions as ad-on in paid abo.

Maybe this video shows better the functionality. (promoted)