Video…Dr Ted Venema…hearing aid technology

I enjoy his presentations

I started with an older video explaining audiograms. He made it interesting and it helped me a lot

My current challenge is to get my hearing aids working as well as they can. I left my dispensing audiologist. I’ve found a skilled practitioner who has made excellent choices setting up my HAs

I have an old iMac that doesn’t work with Target.

I hope this is interesting or leads you to his work. He is passionate about hearing aid teaching

2 Likes

Dr Ted Venema

Noise induced hearing loss

1 Like

I am amazed at the videos Ted Venema presents. He explains audiograms and hearing aid setup so well. He goes beyond that. I understand my tinnitus better after watching one of his videos. He took some worry away

I’ve found treatment of my hearing problem difficult to understand.

Why do hearing aids cost so much?
How can I make them more affordsable?
How can I explain my hearing problems to an audiologist when my hearing aids don’t work well the way he set them up?

These videos have helped me a lot. He’s a great teacher

My wish is to find new hearing training. I’ve worn hearing aids for 20 years. I want these hearing aids to work as well as they can. Unfortunately my hearing is worse now.

2 Likes

I am in the same situation.
wearing WIDEX CIC, old models and I need to change them.

1 Like

If you want to take a deep dive into hearing physiology and hearing aids you can read his book “Compression for Clinicians”. It is pretty understandable even to a layperson. I found a 2nd edition on Ebay for under $10.

1 Like

I did that Ray! Read it cover to cover. Mine was $15.

After reading it I tried using myPhonak to set up my hearing aids better

I read all the Phonak stuff I could.

DaveL

Ray congratulations! Do you have other books you can recommend?

@Liviu

I’ve had 3 sets of Phonaks. And one Widex before that in the last 20 years

I think it’s really important you pick a good brand with the features you need. My HA’s are receiver in canal.

You don’t get long trial periods as we do.

If I could influence Workman’s Comp (no chance of that) I would pick Phonak Audeo Lumity with replacement batteries, or equivalent Oticon

My thought is the Lumity HAs are likely to provide better word recognition in loud noise

Oticon have been described to work well by musicians here

But the little voice on my shoulder says HAs should all play music well because listening to good music should possible for all us humans.

I think we let the manufacturers get away with too much.

I know everyone s hearing loss is different.

1 Like

This morning I stood on my porch and heard little birds singing!
Haven’t heard them in a while!

1 Like