Vibrosonic

I’ve followed Vibrosonic for a while. They are a start up in Germany that are currently in Clinical Trials of a hearing aid with a Xmems speaker placed close to the ear drum. Have any Germans or anybody in mainland Europe heard of them/know what progress they are making?

1 Like

It seems that they are already marketing their own Vibrosonic Alpha product

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for this. Had not seen that article. Very interesting.

Earlens uses the same principle.

1 Like

exactly, it never really took off.

Free trials available for current hearing aid users in a few German cities. Sounds great (boom tish), but any new hearing tech always does (or can be made to). Hearing loss is great for developing cynicism.

This looks very exciting. But it seems users still get a dome plugged in, so I guess the benefit comes from elsewhere than wearing comfort.

Obviously many questions come to mind:

• up to what loss level are they suitable? Do they also cover deep losses?
  • from what I understand, the disk is fixed to the eardrum by an ear doctor: how do you proceed to clean the earwax?
  • the ear doctor fixes that disk, but then you have to go to an audiologist for the adjustment? Or is it possible to do it yourself?

However, this seems like an initial project which should be followed by a device completely inside the ear canal, with XMEMS technology: we are waiting for news.