VA phonak paradise nadia UP housing falling apart

I got my phonak paradise nadia up hearing aids from VA last year and the right side housing is coming apart at the seam right by the battery door. I have same backups Nadia paradise UPs. I send the right one in for repair and the same thing happened with the backups. The ha housing is pretty cheap. It looks like I need to find a way of repairing the housing myself. The VA audiology dept here in KC seems to be getting more complicated. They have a technician in between the repair and getting my ha back. So I am wondering if it is possible to do my own housing repair. Thanks

1 Like

My Naida housing has never broken.

My friend got the Naida P90 UP a week after they came out in the UK and hers are still going strong.

2 Likes

I am the same Ruth, I have never known a Naida housing to come apart, and I have had a few Naida’s…My Naida P 90’s look almost new after 2 years, which is surprising, as my glasses tend to rub away at the inside of the Naida’s, creating a mark… Cheers Kev :grin:

2 Likes

I never thought about glasses causing the housing to come apart. I could be wrong but the housing just looks and feels cheap. Surely the glasses are not the problem. The housing that is coming apart does sit next to my glasses.

1 Like

I suppose it all depends on wear & tear, I have seen older sets of aids badly worn with my glasses, but not to the extent of the housing coming apart, but if you are constantly taking your glasses off, and on, you will wear the side of the housing, especially if they are large frames, sometimes ill fitting glasses have a tendency to slip down our nose, constantly pushing them back into place might cause some wear & tear… You can buy plastic ear hooks, that fit on your glasses, that prevent this, and they keep your glasses in place… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I have a pair of P70-UP and V90-SP aids and never had any issues with the HA case. I am always careful handling these aids. The only area my glasses would be touching the aids is the ear hook.

1 Like

Yeah @Terost, like you, I am very careful with my aids, they live overnight in the dryer, and I clean them most days, after inspection… They are way too expensive not to be careful with! As stated, I have seen some aids badly worn with my glasses, but not falling apart… The housing remained intact. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@godavid_d

@kevels55

In my opinion, the housing is very strong.

I’ve dropped both of mine on concrete and the housing didn’t crack and luckily they still both work.

2 Likes

Agreed Ruth, the Naida P90’s appear to be more robust than previous iterations of the Naida, whatever they coat them with, doesn’t appear to wear much, or perhaps it is thinner ear hooks on my glasses? Cheers Kev :upside_down_face:

Primary cracked and when you went to the backup it cracked. I don’t think it’s the aids.

I not new to wearing ha but like I said before the housing for these aids look and feel cheap. I do take the batteries out at night and put the ha in a dryer. I wear my aids fourteen hours a day all my waking hours. I guess nobody else has had this problem. I was hoping for some feedback on how to repair the housing with having to send them back to the VA because the VA in Kansas City seems to be getting more complicated in the repair process. I imagine but don’t know for sure but the VA is the biggest distributor for Phonak ha in the world. And the Nadia Paradise 90 UP are the best available. So if you are the VA and you need to cut expenses where are you going to cut it. I will leave that for you to figure out. Sorry I need to correct myself the housing is coming apart at the seam.

So are the pins still there? That what holds the housing together.

The pins are super hard to get out even with the correct tool.

Could you share a picture of this sid issue?

I will try not done this before on the website.

Sorry having a hard time pasting the image to the reply. It says I can drag and drop but it just gives a link to the picture. Could use some instructions on how to paste a picture to a reply

1 Like

Ok, you figured out how to post pictures, great.

I really don’t see the falling apart issue in that picture.

Finally got it hope you can see the seam coming apart on the side of the housing, thanks.

Can you take a closer picture? There’s more background than hearing aid.

@godavid_d

Its not a big gap but at the bottom near the battery door the seam coming apart is pretty evident. It is not a big gap just enough to cause alarm that moisture can get in there. I say bottom but in the picture looking the top part of the housing is where the gap is. It should be seamless and smooth at the seam.