Using TV Link Phonak with Yamaha Receiver

Have been going round and round with this and am hoping someone will help. Here’s my situation:

Phonak aids
TV Link II
ComPilot II
Yamaha RXV567 receiver which has analog audio out (R and W), optical output as well

Here’s what I’ve done. My audiologist just replaced the copilot through Phonak and it’s paired with the base station. I have the base station attached by analog cable to my cable box and it works there just fine. But I’d like to connect it to the Yamaha so I could also use the system from content from my apple tv (netflix, etc.)

I tried hooking up with the analog cable and with the optical cable and i only get static sound through the ComPilot.

Had a discussion with Phonak tech support today and they said that the Yamaha might now be sufficient to power the compilot I’m having trouble believing this.

Any suggestions for me? Should I try to get some sort of bluetooth transmitter to attach to the receiver?
Help!

Dumb question on my part but here goes: have you made sure that you’ve selected on your amplifier to stream sound through the ports you’re connecting to? I, too, would doubt that your Yamaha doesn’t have the power to do the streaming. . .Yamaha does make a bluetooth dongle for their older receivers (newer ones usually have it built in). Your other option if you don’t care that anyone else hears the sound is to run the line using your headphone jack (it will turn off the external sound then, though).

Thanks for your reply. I don’t know how to select output to specific ports. I’m assuming that all the ports are active, but I’ll research that a bit more.

I’m wondering if I were to get a bluetooth dongle for my Yamaha, would they stream to my aids through the TV link?

Try PCM only, no Dolby or DTS.

You are likely feeding the Yamaha with HDMI from the ATV. HDMI is coupled with HDCP. So what happens is no video or audio from an HDMI source is allowed to go to the analog ports in the receiver.
The way I got around this is my Denon has Zone 2 and zone 3 hdmi outputs. I run the hdmi output to a device that splits the audio from the hdmi and allows me to feed the TV Streamer.

There isn’t a single way to do this so that it works everywhere. Receivers and TVs are all different.

You would need to give me the model number of your Yamaha before I could offer anything concrete.

Basically, the MPAA paranoia has the real effect of screwing the hearing impaired while doing nothing at all…nothing…to stop piracy.

As I mentioned in my initial post, I’m using a Yamaha RXV567 receiver. I’ve been carefully reading the manual regarding PCM stereo, HDMI control, etc. I’m going to try some of the settings, but this is incredibly complicated. I’m going to simply try attaching the AV cables to the Audio Out (R & W) jacks and see if that works. I note that there are several pairs of AV out jacks to try. I’ll also try the optical cable. I’ll report back.

Thanks for help effgalaxie and Don and others.

I too am having a hard time with my new hearing aids. I recently had the hearing aids that required the compilot to connect to tv for sound and was working fine with my system. Now I have upgraded to phonak audeo P70 rechargable hearing aids. No batteries anymore.

Comes with a rechargable dock and a separate tv connector. However, upon hooking up the tv connector to either the tv directly or the yamaha rx-v385 receiver I can’t get sound output at all. I have video no sound.
Before I was using the tv sound as I never altered the situation I had with my system. But I could not dial down or up the sound. I can mute the tv completely and the sound was still coming through my hearing aids via bluetooth of the surround. I want to have the tv connector that came with my hearing aids to connect and control the sound so I can alter the volume myself. Can anyone help me? I am AV illiterate. Here are the necessary info.

LG TV
yamaha RX-V385 surround
phonak audeo P70 hearing aids
the tv connector that came with them.

This is an older thread but I just wanted to say the Phonak Base station I or II is just a Bluetooth transmitter. It’s a very good one and far superior to the cheaper ones sold on Amazon, etc. You can plug the audio output of just about any device and broadcast to Bluetooth headphones or speakers or whatever you want to.