Using Target creating additional programs

Trying to add additional programs to mimic existing values in eg streaming speech +mic.
When I use the system to copy fine tuning from another program the gain values are different ie lower than the ones I’m trying to use.
What am I doing wrong?

Interesting, well it seems it’s falling back to default values, of course you could just change them manually to suit, not sure why this would happen, hopefully someone will come along to explain what’s going on.

Thanks tenkan but as you probably know, when you start to change values the others go haywire.

Yes, you can’t change one band without another changing as well, but you can get it pretty close, it’s annoying I know.
So what is it that your trying to correct, you want to set this manual streaming program up by copying other program, like which program are you trying to copy, but regardless could you have a read through this thread as I believe it could be helpful, I don’t have target with me at the moment to check how to fix your exact issue.

Tagged

@Zebras @kevels55

Yeah @tenkan, I believe @Zebras knows more about this than me, I vaguely recall a conversation along similar lines about Ruth copying in the gain settings individually, probably took her days? I think Ruth wanted a similar set up in a new set of aids? The last time I did anything remotely close, was exporting everything in my Phonak Naida M70 SP’s, and importing them into my Naida P90 UP’s, worked a treat, no further adjustments where necessary, I think it also transferred over all the REM settings as well, which I am reliably informed by Neville, doesn’t always work! Gain settings were similar, but not the same… Cheers Kev :smile:

1 Like

Thanks @kevels55, yeah I was just wondering if you guys had actually done this.

@michael1 it’s weird that you can’t copy the exact settings, I tried it and the issue is trying to copy the streaming media music + mic, it doesn’t copy anything like the original program, but not just the gain and MPO, if you click on “open program options” again the custom program has most of the extra features on, but in the original everything is off.
But if I copy any other programs from Autosense I have no problem there, I get an exact copy as it should, no doubt you knew that anyway, sorry I can’t help, the only work around I see is manually enter your settings.

1 Like

Tenkan and Kev, Zebras is on the case. She suggested manual copying but being lazy I thought I’d try an additional program and " use settings from ".
So here’s the background.
Current aids are nhs spice platform. They have been excellent for five years, particularly streaming with compilot.
I’m up on volume and know I’ve lost about 10db across the gram.
I’ve being experimenting with naida v sp, naida auto up and lastly paradise p30 up.
I am trying to reproduce my experience with my spice aids - is that possible?
I have tried different prescriptions, percentage, compression etc but to no avail.
Using auto fine tuning I wasn’t sure what I was hearing so tried them all to see what they meant eg what is boomy or hollow etc.
I found that I seemed to be moving away from optimal all the time as if I needed an "unfix issue " setting .
One comfort was that I found a 90% success with paradise on tv streaming, Bluetooth from phone and tablet, so I thought that might be a solution to autosense situations.
It’s difficult to describe what I’m hearing but overall it is a seashell effect or similar sound to “TV” in the Target media demos.
My source audiogram has been insitu which has been tuned by practice, i,ve also tried going up and down on the values.
I suspect REM might be a factor as my spice aids were fitted using that.
Unfortunately spice doesn’t transfeand r to venture or paradise and if I try manually it really goes nuts.
Ruth did say that you can get close by manually entering values but I thought I’d try the lazy way first!
I’m sorry for the diatribe but I’ve been searching for ages not found any real solutions.
I suppose I need Neville to listen to what I hear with his probe microphone, I am considering going private but that’s not a journey I would look forward to.

1 Like

Forgot to say, copying any program results in different values to the original not just the streaming ones ie speech +mic.

1 Like

@michael1

Have you managed it?

:slight_smile:

Hi Ruth, so considerate of you ask, but I’m still trying.
I’ve gone back to the ventures for the moment which are more like the spw’s in calm.
This is in case they go faulty.
Manually transferring was impossible for paradise so I just did “feel” for the gains. Hard to describe the results but the seashell effect was still there. Have managed to get a better result with streaming from the connector so I’m using that at night.
Ventures are a bit clattery and soft sound reduction doesn’t seem to work like sound relax did so I think that I just need to persevere with them.
I saw an old post of yours about taking your laptop on the bus! I wouldn’t try that in Doncaster!
So I used the spectrum app to measure sound in the car as the fan and wind noise was loud in “speech in car” programme, currently working through the low gains to see the results.
Although I could live with the ventures I’m disappointed with the changes to sounds like ringtones, doorbell and music in calm autosense.
Finding the cure for that seems a long way off at the moment. A trip to Boots is probably is getting closer but my wife has priority at the moment.
Hope you’re still glad you asked!8 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do yours have Soft Sound Reduction rather than SoundRelax?

My V70 only have SoundRelax. Are yours V90?

Yes sorry got confused with paradise, was altering sound relax.
I remember the only adjustment I had to my spw’s was for the same issue.
I can’t believe how lucky I’ve been with them.

1 Like

Hi Ruth, hope you’re feeling well.
Good news! Don’t know how but I’ve got both the ventures and paradise working at 95% of the spws.
I was getting nowhere with the changes to speech in car, and the curves looked ridiculous. So I reverted to an earlier setting and unbelievably the changes made the program work. It wasn’t the same sound that I heard when I star started from that point before. I know that sounds crazy but it’s true.
So now I have a good base that I thought I’d try to transfer again to the paradise. It took 4 attempts to create a valid file for transfer (no data in file error).
After the transfer the paradise are working well.
But quite a few settings needed changing. It went from 110% nal2 to 80% apd !, SR2 off to on and most program options altered.
Iv I’ve had my suspicions about Target and tried it on a different laptop with no effect.
Another strange thing, use nal on paradise- no startup tones, use apd and it comes back.
So I have 2 sets of aids that I can use if the spws pack in, which is a relief as the clinic has just put my wife another two months- Don’t know if they will ever get back to me.
So thanks for your help and patience and don’t ask how I did it!
Michael

Glad things are all working out for you now.

Maybe I could make my M70 work better for me.

:slight_smile:

One thing I didn’t mention is I used an average of all my a/direct and entered it as an audiogram. This may have been a factor. All gains were lower. N