Using streaming equalizer to change dbs in Oticon app

I have Oticon ruby minirite plus cros hearing aids. There is a section in the Oticon app where I can change low, mid and high dbs for certain situations. How do I know what to change? For example im looking for ways to hear better in loud situations like a restaurant. I have a specific setting for restaurants, but feel I need more and want to try changing the dbs, but I don’t know if I change low, mid or high and if I go up or down in numbers. If anyone has experience with the streaming equalizer I’d greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Claire

I created a new post just in case, but I meant sound equalizer not streaming since I don’t have a connectclip or edumic. I used to have the sound equalizer on the old Oticon ON app, but it doesn’t seem to be in the new Oticon companion app. How do I get the sound equalizer on my app? Thanks!

The 3 sound equalizer is in the “ON” Apps. At the bottom of 2 red vertical column, you see a 6 small vertical lines icon - tap on it. It will show the 3 bar sound equalizer.

It doesn’t let me use the ON app. You have to use the new companion app. I have a more section which doesn’t show it. The 6 vertical lines is the streaming equalizer for me not the sound equalizer.

Delete the old “ON” apps and download the new “Companion” Apps. ON apps no more supported by Oticon. Try the Companion apps.

I am on the companion app since the ON app is no longer usable. I just don’t have the sound equalizer which I’m trying to figure out how. I don’t know if I need to see my audiologist for this.

1 Like

The sound equalizer is a feature only present in oticon real and newer.

If you stream from a TV or another external source you may consider a cheap equalizer, like the USB-powered GHXAMP 7-segment Equalizer (and amplifier), 24 USD at Aliexpress.

1 Like

Maybe your Oticon Ruby hearing aids need to get a firmware update for accessing the sound equalizer. And I would ask the fitter about another programm setting for loud restaurant

2 Likes