Using Phonak TV Connector

I have used hearing aids for eight years with no problems but thought it might be good to have a Phonak TV Connector to enhance my tv audio experience. Everything connected correctly and the blue light showed. The pairng trill sounded in haring aids,then a noise which sounded like a telephone engaged signal plus disconnect bleep. No connection to tv followed. Has anyone any ideas please.

Is the TV Connector showing a green or white light?

A green light means audio is going through it and if your hearing aids are not picking that up then you (your hearing aids) may not be in the TV Connector program and you will need to select it in the App manually (unless your Target settings specify an automatic connection) or cycle through your programs until you find the TV connector.

If the TV connector is showing a white light then there is nothing currently broadcasting. If obviously, you can see the TV screen and see that it should be connecting then I would check that the audio cable is plugged into the right " Audio out" port at the back of the TV.

The blue light just appears when you pair to it. Usually you only have to do this once. Unless you have more than 2 and it disconnects 1.

1 Like

The behaviour of the Phonak aids could be set up (via Target) in different ways.

• auto connect: if the heaing aids detect a TV connector they switch automatically into the TV Streaming Programm

• Manual with signal: if the heaing aids detect a TV connector you will hear a signal sound.
    Press the rocker switch on the aids within 15 seconds after the signal to make them switch in the TV programm, or as alternative you could open the MyPhonak app and select the TV programm manually.

716217e57407e2cc4f1b82851eac60f114a8869e_2_690x445

1 Like

Thanks very much
I will try that.
regards,
Frank Woodman

Any bluetooth connection will take precidence. Which HAs do you have?

I have Phonak Nathos Nova (NHS) hearing aids - they are eighteen months old and have worked perfectly well to date. I will try using the Phonak app. on my Samsung Galaxy Android phone and see if I can stream manually. Many thanks for your help regards Frank Woodman

They should work fine with the TV Connector

Peter