Using My COSTCO Phonak aids on a United 987-8 Dreamliner

I will be flying to Europe on a United 787 and I plan to use Bluetooth with my COSTCO Phonak aids to listen to the sound from a movie. Has anyone done this? My old Phonak aids had a streamer that hung around my neck - and a port for a wire that could plug in to the speaker jack. I miss that ability.
How did the Bluetooth work on the plane?

Select the Bluetooth icon from the toolbar near the bottom of the monitor. Toggle Bluetooth on and ensure your Bluetooth headphones are disconnected from other devices. After placing them in pairing mode, select the device from your list of available devices.

You can use the volume control panel on the seatback entertainment system and on your audio device to adjust the volume levels.

1 Like

The Dreamliner has direct BT connections available, which is nice, through instructions outlined in the post above. Sometimes there are issues if people around you are trying to connect at the same time and don’t pay attention to what they’re selecting. With hearing aids though, it’ll be less likely someone accidentally tries to connect yours vs seeing 3 different “Bose headphones” options on the list.

For older planes that don’t have direct BT connections, you can always get a bluetooth transmitter unit if you travel somewhat frequently - I’ve found it to be helpful. This is a popular one:

https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-Transmitter-Headphones-Airplanes/dp/B07Z13G1P5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=K4OPE0RGU2YA&keywords=ifly%2Bbluetooth%2Btransmitter&qid=1689090891&sprefix=ifly%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-3&th=1

1Mii brand makes a cheaper version that’s still reliable (I use it), and there are other relatively cheap options available too if you do a quick search on Amazon.