Using a Bluetooth transmitter with Phonak Paradise hearing aids

I am sorry to say… it is an optical input from the Tv only. There is no output connection of any kind so you will need a splitter. It does look identical to the Phonak TV connector and the manual looks the same too.

1 Like

Thanks kevels55 it looks like the Kirkland TV Connector does have a Toslink input. I will need in addition a Toslink splitter so the audio signals go to the both the Sound bar and the BT transmitter simultaneously.

I wonder how the sound would be like when the TV connector and the sound bar is on at the same time.

1 Like

If it is the same as mine it works perfectly with a sound bar. Both are in sync with no latency. You can keep both on with no problems of echo/doubling etc

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the setup I have with the splitter, works perfect. The TV Connector doesn’t use Bluetooth, 'tis some other way of connecting to your aids, I forget what its called, but it isn’t Bluetooth. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

According to Phonak , they use A2DP for TV and HFP for phone .

1 Like

I have Phonak Marvel and wife has Phonak Paradise. We have Phonak TV Connectors on each of our two smart TVs, which are also both equipped with sound bars. Bought inexpensive optical splitters on Amazon. TV optical audio output goes into splitter, then one side to sound bar and the other to the TV Connector. Works great for both of us. We don’t even use the sound bars anymore, but I keep the TV internal speaker audio up enough to hear it when a notification comes to the HAs from my phone which momentarily supersedes and mutes the signal from the TV Connector; that way I don’t miss any dialogue due to the interruption from the phone. There is no discernible latency, so the TV speaker audio essentially running in the background is totally in sync with the hearing aid audio and therefore not annoying in any way.

I do have the Phonak TV adaptor and I detect no latency. I installed this Optical Audio splitter on my TV which allows the Phonak TV adaptor to work independently of the TV volume adust.==> https://www.amazon.com/EMK-Toslink-Digital-Optical-Splitter/dp/B07KFCKQYQ When I am alone the TV volume is at 0, yet I am able to adjust the volume for comfort via the app. What I find extremely annoying about the app, is that working distance (range) is poor. If I leave the couch to get a beverate or snak in the kitchen, the audio drops out. Also, even if I am on the couch with my phone on my lap, after a certain time the TV program app and HAs disconnect, leaving me unable to adjust the volume during a TV program. I have to reconnect the app to the HAs and it just seems to take forever. I’ve written to Phonak about their app, as I think it needs to be blown up and made better, but it probably won’t happen soon.

I have Phonak Audeo Marvel 70s and I had a difficult time finding a BT transmitter that would pair with the HAs. I finally found this Anker Soundsync A8327 ==> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/anker-soundsync-portable-bluetooth-transmitter-with-10h-battery-black/6413588.p?skuId=6413588&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=813&ref=212&loc=1_mobileaccessories&gclid=CjwKCAjw6qqDBhB-EiwACBs6xxUAa7AKM5kFG8UXPFTfrNKhxO5XZSMPAsbBd641br-TzNSCBZqb2hoCQhQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use this on the audio output port of a handheld police scanner. I am sure it would well with a laptop of TV if equipped with an audio output jack.

That shouldn’t happen. If I go out of range of the TV Connector, my Marvels reacquire it automatically once I return to a place within its range. No reconnecting an app (what app?) to the HAs. You might also consider leaving the TV speaker volume up above 0 (I hope there’s some reasonable level at which you can still hear it acoustically), so that if the Connector audio is superseded by a notification signal from the phone, you don’t lose the continuity of the show you’re watching.

Hi Kevels55 Have you found Costco TV connectors in the UK. If so where? Need TV connector for Phonak Paradise 70 Rs Thanks.

Has anyone found Costco TV connectors in the UK. If so where? Need TV connector for Phonak Paradise 70 Rs Thanks.

1 Like

No Doug I haven’t…. I got a Phonak one with my Marvels as a promo, the other one, also a Phonak, I bought off of eBay…. My nearest Costco is over 200 miles away, so I have never actually been. Cheers Kev :wink:

Thanks for the prompt reply KEV, I have seen Phonak on eBay but they are overpriced. There seems to be a supply issue at present. Boots supply them but they are not available at present. On this community Zebras mentions HAB hearing ( [Phonak / Unitron TV Connector - HAB Hearing)(Phonak / Unitron TV Connector - HAB Hearing) but they also have supply issues with Phonak at present. But worth noting the TV connector can be bought without VAT subject to a Vat declaration. Cheers :thinking: Doug.

1 Like

Yeah Doug, I believe there is a worldwide shortage of chips, and sellers have bumped the prices up accordingly…. I think I paid £135 for the one I bought last year from eBay, I am seeing a few out there around £200, a wee bit OTT, prices will probably remain artificially high…. Good luck in acquiring one, they are excellent assistive listening devices. Cheers Kev :wink: