User Adjustments

I’m about 3 months into my Nucleus 7 and was wondering if there are any user adjustments. With my old Resound hearing aids, I could adjust different programs along with bass, mid tones and treble. The reason I ask is I have noticed when using the scan setting, the device will lower the sounds in noisy environments. Normally this would be fine but it also lowers speech to a point that I can no longer hear it. To combat this with my hearing aids I would lower the bass levels which would lower the background noise but allow me to hear what was being said.

1 Like

@Deaf_piper has the N7, maybe she can help?

@eniveparg have you got forward focus activated yet? Forward focus is meant to cut out background noise when activated. Do you use it in noisy environments? It may help… Some people find it helpful I don’t.
Is your sensitivity activated? Try lowering or raising this, this could help.
Both these are in the Nucleus Smart app.
How many scan apps do you have? I have 3 Soft, medium & Loud. So I can choose a volume I want by choosing a scan app then raising or lowering the volume.

But it sounds like your scan app is set in auto mine is set on manual. But when this happens try increasing your sensitivity app. That’s if it’s been activated by your Aud.

All I have is one scan program and full on program. I cannot make any adjustments to these. I believe the scan program is to aggressive since the sound of a lawn mower was about as quiet as a whisper. Unfortunately, if someone was to talk to me at that time I wouldn’t hear them.
Oddly enough, I could hear better when they first activated the implant than I do now. I believed my audiologist is slowly acclimating me to the implant. Hopefully with my next visit she can allow me to control it more.
The other thing I am noticing is being able to understand someone is depending on how close to me they are. If I am about 3 meters or more from them it sounds like Charlie Browns teacher.

@eniveparg
I’ve taken some screen shots so you can see what’s available to you. You can have up to 4 scans. You will notice Forward Focus on the main screen as well. Ask for extra scans all at differing volume levels.
image|231x500

Sensitivity you will find under volume. Touch Volume and that and it will open up to sensitivity.

You should have telecoil as well.

I got all these around the 8 week mark. You need to be hooked up to the computer to be activated. So ask your Aud to do it for you.

Have you tried to use Live Listen as yet? That triple click your home button and this screen will come up. Tap the words live listen to activate it. IOS don’t know about Android sorry. I find this helpful in noisy places. I put my put my phone on the table in restaurants and conversation streams directly to my ears. Only done it to a table of 6 so far.

I hope some of these extra things will help you adjust the Nucleas Smart app when they have all been activated for you.

1 Like

Thank you for the screen shots. All I have is 1 scan program. There are no adjustments for me. When I see the audiologist in 2 weeks, hopefully she will give me the ability to make adjustments as you pointed out. My thing is give me everything and I can adjust it to how I best hear.

I haven’t tried the live listen as yet. I will give that a try.

Thank you for your help

@eniveparg you are welcome. I hope your Aud gives you more scans to play with as well as all the other extras that you don’t have as yet… Good Luck at your next mapping…