Usage tracking bugs in Philips app

I have found some problems in the usage-logging portion of the Philips Hearlink 2 app. On the scale of what matters to a hearing aid user, this is definitely minor. But I’m showing this hear because it is really easy for a programmer to get this kind of stuff right. I am gobsmacked that they pushed this code out, and have left it broken for as long as they have (the app was last updated in April).

On Sunday morning, the app pops up a notification to review your usage log. Here’s my latest log in a screenshot from this Sunday. It shows seven days of full data, and a short period of usage for Sunday morning so far. You can see that I have my daily target set to 16 hours, and my usage has been above and below that this week. You can also see the “Daily average” of 13 hours and 9 minutes. However, if I go through the seven full days of data for this week day by day, the range is from 13:31 to 17:08. So how does it get a daily average that is less than any single day of the week shown? It adds the full data for Monday through Saturday together with the handful of minutes from Sunday morning, and produces the “average” from that. Utter Rubbish!

Also, for each day, they show a circle graph of your hearing aid usage along with the hh:mm value and the percentage of your daily goal. You can look at this at any time during the day. Even the single-day graphs are goofy. Here are some more screenshots . First, usage of 7:44 shows as almost a half circle. Relative to my 16 hour target, that would make sense.

Next is for a day with 14:43 of usage. Here the graph looks about like about 60% of the circle, while that usage is about 92% of the target. (But 14:43 is about 60% of a 24 hour day……)

And here is one with 14:35 of usage, showing maybe 1/3 of a circle. The usage differs only 8 minutes from the last one but the graph is wildly different. It’s almost random.

Thanks for following along and letting me get that off my chest.

I never use it. So not important to me.

There is some kind of setting in the programming software. Perhaps something needs to be set there to get it work well in the app.