Upgrade from Oticon Opn 1 to Oticon More 3?

There is no way to know if the same HA coverage will be in the next year’s policy. Employers often “shop” their policies every year or two, and can change the coverages in the policy each year to reduce cost, for instance. Also, employers sometimes change insurance companies at year end, so I wouldn’t assume the same benefit will be available in future years. The same thing is true of Medicare Advantage plans. And of course, the user may change jobs at any time.

1 Like

You can purchase a brand new pair of Oticon Opn 1’s on eBay for $2400-2500. Most audios will fit them for you for about $200- 250. With the cost of hearing aids dropping due to the low prices of the Big Box stores and on eBay, most audios are beginning to realize they are being forced to service and fit hearing aids not bought from them.

Any brand hearing aid can be repaired for $119 on EBay. The work comes with a 6 month guarantee. Just go to eBay and search hearing aid repair.

I have the same problem. My insurance will only help with Truhearing private brand hearing aids made by Signia. They do not work for me. That being said there are several well known online providers that contract with local audiologist that you can buy from at a discount. Through Truhearing you can get the Oticon More 1 rechargeables for 4400. Most likely you will have to use the Audiologist they recommend in your area. Still, you would save over 2000 dollars and get the aids you want. Truhearing is one of several out there. Also, Companies like Truhearing can help you finance through Care Credit and others for zero or low interest. I have used Truhearing twice and the Audiologist assigned both had a PHD in Audiology.

1 Like