Updating Signia Nx firmware

The new Connexx does wireless firmware updates with Nx (yay) via NLW.

Any details? Thus far I had assumed that Signia required a wired programming device for Firmware updates with the other NX models. But this model has no cable connections.

NLW can be used with Connexx 8.5 to upgrade firmware for Nx/13BT.

ConnexxAir (with latest firmware) can be used with Connexx 8.5 to upgrade firmware on most (all?) other models.

Hmmmmm; we have conflicting information about Signia Firmware updates and no documentation??? Maybe I will go look in Connexx…

eta: I hit a roadblock by not having any Signia Nx hearing aids to detect. Connexx 8.5 would not let me proceed beyond; Connexx / Service/ Update Firmware of Hearing Instrument.

I have been told hardwire only. However, next time I am in there with NLW, I will give it a try.

Let’s don’t confuse Pure 13 BT Primax with Pure 13 NX.

After updating Connexx into version 8.5 I was able to upgrade my Motion NX via wire and HiPro. The description of the firmware told about SigniaLine Mic and the independent control of microphone and streaming volumes.

My post was information directly from Signia tech support.

Thanks @awills69105 @pclewis @Haens. Since the the Pure Charge&Go Nx model can only be programmed wirelessly (no cable connections) it would make sense if Signia allows wireless Firmware updates. I guess in time we will find out more about how this works.

OK, just upgraded to 8.5. I have Pure 13 NX. I also now have the StreamLine Mic and wondered if new firmware was available. Lo and behold, NLW is now upgrading my firmware. You have to remove them from your ears and put them near the NLW. Don’t forget to export your settings so you can import from the NHa file. Wow, no more cables and pills.

You also have to delete pairing of the MIC if you have installed it. In Connexx you have to delete all connected Bluetooth devices then reconnect…

1 Like

I am not sure how to read Spring-Nx-Mini-Portfolio.pdf Page 10??

It lists Noahlink Wireless as a wireless programming device. But it does not list ConnexxAir, ConnexxLink as a wireless programming device?

Initially I thought this meant that ConnexxAir, ConnexxLink was not supported as a programming device on the Nx platform. But maybe because some models have e2e wireless then they do support ConnexxAir, ConnexxLink as a programming device.

Also note that Pure Charge&Go Nx model can only be programmed wirelessly (no cable connections). Pure 10 Nx has no wireless capability and must be programmed with a wired programming device.

Check out the words on Signia-Product-portfolio-catalog 2017 Page 101, They say;
Our new ConnexxAir system delivers next level wireless programming for almost all Signia hearing aids equipped with e2e wireless capabilities. So it appears that you can also use ConnexxLink/ConnexxAir but I will guess with you about the meaning of “almost all”?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Pure 312 7Nx and I cannot get the firmware to update because whenever I try, Connexx gives me the error, “There is no instrument detected. Please (re)detect your hearing instrument to proceed with the update… Firmware Update is not available with a wireless programmer. Please use a HI-PRO.”

I’ve tried version 8.5.5.605 and 8.5.10.82. I’ve put the HA right near the NLW and don’t have any accessories paired. Whenever I try the firmware update, the green LED on the NLW goes out. Also, when I try to delete all connected Bluetooth devices I get a message that the devices were disconnected, but they are in fact still connected. I can click disconnect over and over, but nothing disconnects until I pull the battery out.

Is this possibly a bug because I only have one ear?

Thanks,
craigr

It should not matter if you are only updating one hearing aid. Be sure to export the program, because you will want to restore it after the firmware update. You can check the firmware using your phone and My Control under versions. The current firmware for the Pure NX is 6.4.1.

Make sure the NLW is shown as connected, you should hear the driver beep when you plug it in. The lights will come on then go off. Take the hearing aid and lay it right next to the NLW, then open and close the door. It will read the firmware and ask if you want to update.

If you have lost connection, you will have to exit the program and repeat, otherwise you get the message saying you need hard wire to update firmware. I cannot really simulate this right now, because I have the latest version. Supposedly we are getting a new one in October.

Hmmmmm; The Pure Charge&Go Nx has no battery compartment and thus no place to connect a programming adapter/pill. See Spring-Nx-Mini-Portfolio.pdf Page 10. Thus you can only use wireless programming / wireless Firmware updates with this model. I think this means that if you brick the Pure Charge&Go Nx during a Firmware update then you have to send it back to the factory.

Thanks for the help. I hadn’t used the app yet, but knew there had to be a way to check the firmware version of the HA. I am on 6.4.1.0 so I guess this is the newest version. The hardware revision is 1.0. Is this the newest hardware? I just got this “new” on eBay along with the NLW.

I can program and control the HA with the NLW
so I know that it’s working right. I just can’t get the firmware to update (though I guess I don’t need to yet). Could the reason I can’t get the firmware to update be because I’m already on the newest version? I would have thought Connexx would have just given a message though and not no connected hardware?!?

I’ll try and find time to play with this again tonight. I want to have it sorted out before I need to update the firmware going forward.

Best,
craigr

Are you saying I should connect the NLW after Connexx is started? I have been connecting the NLW before launching Connexx.

Thanks again,
craigr

I think when there is a new firmware and you connect the HA while on the internet, it will ask to install the new firmware. Look again in November. You can send a message from the phone and ask them what the latest FW is.

Good morning!

Hearing Aids Signia Motion 13P NX
Connexx 8.5.10.82
NoahLink Wireless

it does not let me update the firmware wireless… some help?

Does anyone know what is the latest firmware version for my hearing aids?

thank you

I am confused as well!

La actualización del firmware no está disponible con un programador inalambrico.
Por favor, utilice un Hi-Pro.
----translate-----
The firmware update is not available with a wireless programmer.
Please, use a Hi-Pro.

As per Spring-Nx-Mini-Portfolio.pdf Page 11, use mini Pro/Hi Pro with CS44 cables plus programming-adapters/programming-pills size=13.

1 Like

What is the difference between the hi-pro 2 and the mini-pro usb?
I wonder if the mini-pro usb would work to program my nx hearing aids? in the brochure of signia it says that the nx are compatible with the hi-pro 2, but it says nothing of the mini-pro.

thank you very much for your help