Unreliable Phonak Audeo P90s

I’ve had Phonak Audeo P90 hearing aids for about 3 years. The left HA has failed completely 3 times. Always at the worst possible time, of course. I had an old Phonak
Solana Microp for over 6 years without any problems. Is anyone else having these problems? Are the new Phonaks not as reliable as the old ones were?

I have had Phonak Audeo P90 aids for about a year and a half with no problems except for a few tweaks and adjustments. Mine are the 312 replaceable battery version. Are your problems related to the rechargeable batteries?

Recently I’ve been having problems with my left Phonak Audeo P90 hearing aid too, which is why I’m searching on forums to see if anyone else is experiencing similar. I had an issue with clicking sounds in the left aid so they replaced the component behind the ear. Ever since then the left HA has been sounding sort of flat and the right has been sounding fine. There’s no blockage and two different audiologists have been unable to explain why the left HA sounds different than the right. This has been going on for over 2 months now and still there’s no solution. Meanwhile, I’m becoming more socially withdrawn because it’s incredibly distracting when i can’t hear equally through both ears

1 Like

I am sorry youre having difficulties. Could it be the receiver, or the wire between the hearing aid and receiver?

I have the rechargeable version of your hearing aids. I’ve used them for just over a year. I’m not happy (yet).

DaveL
Toronto

No, it doesn’t seem to be anything to do with the hardware. It could be that the software programs isn’t operating as it should be, or was before I had the receiver replaced. It could be the wire and/or the receiver although the audiologists have told me that nothing appears to be malfunctioning. I’ve gone to two audiologists now and neither of them have been able to figure out what’s going on. Pressure tests haven’t indicated a medical reason why I could be having issues with one side sounding more flat than the other, plus it seems to alternate between sides so my guess is that it has something to do with how the hearing aids are interacting with each other, like a software issue. I need to book an appointment with an ENT now to make clarify whether or not it could be a medical issue and tomorrow I’ll see the audiologist again. I’m going to ask to borrow a loaner pair of the same model and see if it things sound the way they should be. If they do, then logically it would point to an issue with the pair I have now malfunctioning in some way.

1 Like