Unpair ReSound TV Streamer 2 from hearing aids

So I got my Jabra Enhanced Pro 20s from Costco. They only have the TV Streamer 2. I purchased a TV Streamer+ online and paired it to my aids. I am returning the TV Streamer 2 to Costco. I need to unpair it from my hearing aids. I cannot find anywhere to do this.

Does anyone know the procedure to UNpair the TV Streamer 2 from my hearing aids?

If I recall correctly, there may not be a direct way to do this at least with the iPhone and the Smart 3D app I use with my ReSound aids. For an Android phone, you can see if these directions work:

but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t, since the general unpairing instructions for an iPhone and Bluetooth devices (Settings > Bluetooth > click the “i” icon next to the device, and select “Forget this device”) don’t work with Smart 3D app devices, because the hearing devices aren’t listed under the Bluetooth section of iOS Settings… I don’t know why; it’s just how the app is written.

With iPhones and Smart 3D, there is an indirect way to unpair the two. You do it by pairing another Bluetooth device in the Smart 3D app and use the slot previously used by the returned streamer.

Why do you want to unpair them? What’s your concern?

It’s not an issue that the returned device has a tie-in with your Jabras, because Bluetooth range is very limited generally, so that returned device will never be close enough to your aids again to connect up and transmit audio.

It’s not a network security threat.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I am not trying to unpair the aids from my phone (I don’t have an IPhone. I have a Pixel). I know how to do that. I am trying to unpair them from the TV Streamer 2. It appears that the Bluetooth connection to the phone only controls sounds from the phone itself and commands the aids to directly connect to the TV streamers.

Unpairing from the phone doesn’t affect the connection between the hearing aids and the streamer. Since I now have two streamers paired to the hearing aids, whenever I use the button on my left hearing aid to connect to the TV streamer, the first press connects to the TV Streamer 2, which is not connected and is being returned. I then have to press the button again to connect to the TV Streamer+. I don’t want to have the TV Streamer 2 listed in the phone app or as a selection on the hearing aid button.

You’re right. The pairing of aids to phone to the aids, and the pairing of the aids to the streamer are two separate tasks, and I’m the one conflating the two.

I do remember trying to do what you’re trying to do, unpair my aids from a TV Streamer 2, and seeing that there was no way to do it that I could find… other than pairing a different streaming device to the aids and using the slot.

Can you re-pair the Jabras to the new streamer, using the slot now occupied by TV Streamer 2?

So you’re not using a smartphone app to switch to the streamer, but button presses on the Jabras?

I both use the app when I have my phone and the buttons when I don’t. I haven’t been able to find a manual for the Streamer+. When I paired it, it automatically went to the next open slot.

I don’t know how to fix that now. I’ll be going back to Costco for a few adjustments. Maybe the tech there can do it?

This seems like a blind spot with Resound or a deliberate obfuscation. Either way, it doesn’t reflect well on them.

Why is this important,you can pair up to 3 devices, so you can still use the new + model.
Uninstall and then reinstall the app and then pair.
You can remove it from SmartFit software tho.

User guide

http://tinyurl.com/2p3bt5cf

1 Like

They don’t want to have to change programs, by button pressing, through streamers that don’t exist anymore to get to the one they have. (I think, did I get it right?)

WH

It could be that you need to connect the hearing aids to SmartFit for removing the TV Adapter pairings from the hearing aids. Then pair again to TV Streamer 2

see this screen of the SmartFit fitting software

i do not have ReSound devices and therefore i can not show the simulated screen with an TV Streamer listed in the section of “Paired Devices”.

If you hover over the exclamation mark then this message comes up

The following picture is from Smart Fit User Guide (page 11)

In case you have multiple TV Streamers paired , you can click “Remove” to delete this device from the hearing aids.

2 Likes

I know in Phonak Target you used to be able to delete all pairings in aids and devices.

1 Like