[post deleted]

Thank you everyone :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2:
Much appreciated.

1 Like

This aged well؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜ lol

Edit:
GitHub all releases

4 Likes

I’m assuming the Phonak Target Downloader is broken right now? Because I keep trying it over and over and it keeps closing the script with no errors. Meanwhile I tested Oticon Genie 1 and it starts the download.

Wierd, I’ll look into that, please post script output

I have fixed the bug now, redownload the latest script

1 Like

Hi
I am trying to download the Phinak Target but iam getting this message from the python terminal.

1. 8.0.2 The latest available Phonak Target verion
  2. manual Manually specify a version (WARNING: ADVANCED USERS ONLY)
    Please select a version: 0
    You have selected version (8.0.2) are you sure you want to download it? [Y/n] y

Downloading directory index
Downloading 15 files

Downloading 1031.mst (1/15): 100%|█████████████████████████████████████████| 335872/335872 [00:00<00:00, 4785430.11B/s]
Downloading 1033.mst (2/15): 100%|██████████████████████████████████████████| 20480/20480 [00:00<00:00, 21121058.75B/s]
Downloading 1034.mst (3/15): 100%|█████████████████████████████████████████| 327680/327680 [00:00<00:00, 3638049.28B/s]
Downloading 1036.mst (4/15): 100%|█████████████████████████████████████████| 335872/335872 [00:00<00:00, 2499732.55B/s]
Downloading Autorun.inf (5/15): 100%|████████████████████████████████████████████████| 41/41 [00:00<00:00, 41081.33B/s]
Downloading Data1.cab (6/15): 24%|████████▎ | 145129472/592756736 [00:29<01:29, 4985304.66B/s]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 443, in error_catcher
yield
File "C:\Users\lars
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py", line 566, in read
data = self.fp_read(amt) if not fp_closed else b""
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py", line 532, in fp_read
return self.fp.read(amt) if amt is not None else self.fp.read()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\http\client.py", line 465, in read
s = self.fp.read(amt)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\socket.py", line 705, in readinto
return self.sock.recv_into(b)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\ssl.py", line 1278, in recv_into
return self.read(nbytes, buffer)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\ssl.py", line 1134, in read
return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:2546)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “C:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\requests\models.py”, line 816, in generate
yield from self.raw.stream(chunk_size, decode_content=True)
File “C:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 627, in stream
data = self.read(amt=amt, decode_content=decode_content)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 565, in read
with self.error_catcher():
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\contextlib.py", line 155, in exit
self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
File “C:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 454, in _error_catcher
raise SSLError(e)
urllib3.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:2546)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “C:\Users\lars_\Downloads\Universal-Hearing-Aid-Software-Downloader\Phonak Target Downloader.py”, line 94, in
libhearingdownloader.downloadFile(filesToDownload[fileToDownload], fileToDownload, “Downloading " + fileToDownload.split(”/")[-1] + " (" + str(currentFile) + “/” + str(len(filesToDownload.keys())) + “)”)
File “C:\Users\lars_\Downloads\Universal-Hearing-Aid-Software-Downloader\libhearingdownloader.py”, line 96, in downloadFile
for chunk in tqdm(fileData.iter_content(chunk_size=chunkSize), desc=downloadDescription, total=int(int(fileData.headers[‘content-length’])/chunkSize), unit=“B”, unit_scale=chunkSize):
File “C:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\tqdm\std.py”, line 1195, in iter
for obj in iterable:
File “C:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\requests\models.py”, line 824, in generate
raise RequestsSSLError(e)

HMm; It works for me (just now). When you installed Python did you check the box for
[ ] Add phthon.exe to PATH?

Interesting, it appears to be a problem at Phonak’s end xD with their certificate

Make sure you’ve got the latest version and try again
Thanks

Also, if you’re using a VPN/Proxy, consider disabling it as it may cause this error

Btw, the script wouldn’t run without the path thing, also, this appears to have been a problem in Phonak’s side lol

Also, FYI, my version that worked is v1.6.1;
c4

1 Like

halo mr. and halo everyone
I have a Vista hearing aid. son of unitron and fitting program named VISTA

please share with me if you have VISTA fitting sofware.

regard
Boea

2 Likes

@Blue, Many Thanks for this.
Welcome to the forum!!
Works like a charm.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for the Downloader. However I am getting a “module not found” after I click on a selection of HA software. What am I doing wrong? I put Python and the Universal files all in one folder.

1 Like

No don’t simply download Python. Install Python.

I extracted all files. Python IS installed. I ran it to test and it prompts with a command line. When I execute the “Start” batch file I get the proper menu. When I press for any of the menu selections it links to the Python screen and gives me the error message that you can only get if you are in Python which is “ModuleNotFound”. I have tried the Universal Hearing Aid Software Downloader on 2 different computers. I have Python Ver 3.11 on both. Anybody else could suggest a solution?

2 Likes

Yes what software are you after, check your PM.

Can you please post/DM me the full ModuleNotFound error please?

When I first installed and ran this software in Windows 10 (checking off “add python.exe to path”, using the latest Python version), it did not work. I got an error message 'python’ is not recognized as an internal or external command… Searching on that error message did not provide any useful answers - just “add python to path”, which had already been done - I checked that it had been successfully added.

But, when in doubt, reboot! or in my case, logoff and logon again. Why is this info not included anywhere, as obviously Windows does not use new environmental variables until you refresh them by at least a logoff/logon or reboot? This error message could really stump a less tech-savvy person than myself, so maybe you could address it in your instructions?

2 Likes

Thanks for that! Maybe we can get @Blue to add Reboot to the instructions.

1 Like