Universal Bluetooth streamer

For starters, the Lucid product listing does not appear to make any claim that it transmits as Low Latency - AptX - so that would rule out lip syncing, leading to a delay in matching word stream with the speaker’s lips, whether live or video, e.g. a movie.

You might consider asking the contact who suggested the Lucid product how the vendor claims it it distinguishes itself from the other BT transmitters offered on Amazon, from a hearing aid user’s point of view.?

1 Like

I emailed them earlier today to ask when I realized how many options were out there. Will f/u here with their response.

Then there is the remaining need for an intermediate device on the receiving end, in my case a clip making a comfortable pair of cushioned headphones AptX capable over my hearing aids. This works well for me watching movies, better than rushing to read the captions, but I wouldn’t find it practical for live conversation with another person.

For the latter, I prefer the FM transmitter mike which came with my HAs, even though it causes my HAs to go through batteries more frequently, but the reception is great.

@z10user2, the HA and the car are the same thing in Bluetooth terms, so they can’t talk to each other. They can only talk to a Bluetooth source, like a phone or a TV. The point I’m trying to make is that my Android phone is a media source just like a TV. The HA doesn’t accept the phone’s offer to stream media data, so it won’t accept a TV’s offer to do the same.

Oh ok thanks. Shows what I know about bt…nothing. And you made some great sense that got through this thick skull about pairing.

The one I’ve got can be switched between transmitter and receiver. They sometimes sell them in pairs (at a slight discount) so you can have one as transmitter and one as receiver. Avantree used to be the leading brand, but as you found out there are a lot of them on ebay now.

I use one as a transmitter with a Plantronics Backbeat Pro headset (with aptx low-latency codec support) for watching tv and it’s great. Clear sound and no lag.

1 Like

It is the phone that pairs to the car. So the aid is just doing it normal thing of providing the audio in the circuit.

Recently purchased a 2:1 blue tooth adapter to communicate between a TV without blue tooth and my Surflink Mobile. It was cheap, $12 on eBay. I have experienced no latency or quality issues. My only issue is that the battery life is as expected for such a cheap device. So I just keep it plugged into the charger when using it.