Unitron Blu VS Vivante platforms. What are the differences?

I’m evaluating to buy Unitron HAs and only Moxi in Blu platform (version 1) and in Vivante platform (version 1) are in my budget.
I’ve made this comparison between these 2 HAs (columns 1 and 2) within the official site but honestly I can’t understand what’s different between them though Vivante is a bit more expensive than Blu.

My audiologist told me Vivante is better for listening to voices; does that deal with “Autofocus 360”? From that page:

If so then it’s not a matter of platform but it’s a matter of versions (“Tech Level”): if we choose “Tech Level” 1 then neither Blu nor Vivante have got this feature but if we choose “Tech Level” 7 then both ones have got “Autofocus” feature:

and if we choose “Tech Level” 9, which is the most expensive, than we get “Autofocus 360” for both ones.

So is my audiologist wrong or are differences elsewhere?

They are basically the same, very little difference in sound quality, you’d need to do your own trial to see if there’s any benefits for you, big difference in price tho, these are the same as Phonak paradise and Lumity, Unitron are the same as Phonak models.
Why not check out Costco, way better prices and only premium models are sold.

Vivante adds a “Conversation in loud noise” classification to the automatic program and uses a new narrow directionality feature called HyperFocus. It also adds a manual “360 conversation in car” program. But these are only available at Tech Level 9. If you intend to purchase Tech Level 1, there’s no difference between Blu and Vivante. Ironically, you lose the tap control feature in Moxi B1-R by going with Moxi V1-R.

2 Likes

Because I’m from Europe :slight_smile: There’s “mysecondear” to purchase HAs here but even if I did I’d need an audiologist to set them and afaik setting HAs by an audiologist is much more expensive if you didn’t buy them from him/her. I know there’s the “DIY way” as well but I’d purchase tools and SW and learn how to use it and these HAs are for a very old relative of mine so… that’s not worth it :slight_smile:

I see: moxi v312 → Tech Level 9 → 8 listening environments → Conversation in loud noise
Definitely my audiologist got “confused”, which is a very kindly way to say he’s a liar… these merchants! :slight_smile:

After all I think I’ll buy new HAs from him because he’s proposed me these good deals:

• he takes my relative’s old Widex Passion 220 HAs in exchange and gives my relative moxi vivante 312 (Tech Level 1) for 1920 euros (couple) with lifetime warranty (my relative’s 92yo!);
  • my relative keeps on her old Widex Passion 220 HAs and he gives her moxi blu (Tech Level 1) for 1820 euros (couple) with 2 years warranty; unfortunately no trade-in in this case and it will be quite impossible for me to sell Widex HAs because they’re too old.

What do you suggest to me to do (and why)?

Ok fair enough, but Costco HAs aren’t locked, so in “theory” any audiologist’s clinic could provide programming, but yes it’s always much more expensive, that’s sad really, but the same everywhere.

But getting back to your questions, I’d pay the €1920 and work a deal out to keep the Widex as back ups, because as you say, there’s no value in selling or even just “giving” them to your audiologist, they’ll only throw them away anyway, it’s only €100 difference between lifetime warranty and 2years, Nana could make a century!
I wouldn’t worry about the different platforms at all.

Good luck.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

Moreover consider that moxi vivante v1-312 is sold for 1290 euros per ear so 2580 euros for the couple at mysecondear website while my audiologist sells them for 1920 euros for the couple but he wants my relative’s old Widex HAs as trade-in therefore she (I mean my relative) can’t keep them as back-up HAs.

By my audiologist’s proposal: “giving” = “he sells vivante to me with a discount if I give him widex as trade-in”, not in the sense of “giving to him as a present” and this is valid only for vivante, not for blu :slight_smile:

Nana is in her 20s but my relative’s 92 so it’s a bit different :slight_smile:
I think the point is how much money I could sell her old Widex Unique Passion 220 RIC for. My audiologist’s trade-in is worth 400 euros for these Widex HAs but only in the case we bought moxi vivante (not for moxi blu) so the question is if I could earn more/less money than that selling them. Even if I could be sure to sell them for just 400 euros then I’d buy Moxi Blu (tech level 1) because the 2 platforms are almost the same at tech level 1 and Blu is cheaper therefore I’d save 400 euros more, but all that is a big bet.
Definitely I think I’ll go for Vivante but only to “give” my audiologist these Widex HAs as a problem of him :slight_smile: