understand speech in noisy environments

Hello everyone, I have been wearing hearing aids for 12 years. currently Lumity L90 R. I have moderate hearing loss and I adjust it myself. I get along quite well in quiet surroundings, but like most people, I have major problems in loud surroundings. I don’t have much audiological knowledge, but I can always hear the difference straight away when I adjust it myself. Since I lack the knowledge, I try to approach it more logically and e.g. rather reduce the loud sounds in order to understand speech better. Unfortunately the DIY files are no longer available, at least it didn’t work. do you have any tips?

@olli1970 not sure what you mean by this statement? Can you provide a little background on that.

Definitely, take your laptop and Noahlink wireless to your local mall or bar, and make some adjustments on the fly, so don’t forget you have some auto settings (forget what they call it now) that target will adjust automatically, you get a drop down menu to choose your issues and target offers a solution, so this way you can actually see what you should be doing to help in these situations.
Setting up a dedicated program for noisy environments with noise reduction and microphone directionally helps.

1 Like

Upward masking is an issue to hear well in background noise.

Something to consider?

@olli1970

What does that mean?

Where the lows overpower the highs.