UK NHS aids help

After wearing phonak audeo aids with open domes for the last seven years, today I picked up Stretta Aya UP hearing aids from Specsavers with ear moulds - they are NHS aids.

I’ve been using a streamer to connect my aids to my phone and my laptop for streaming but my phone doesn’t have ASHA, and the Signia Streamline Mic available from Connevans says it doesn’t work with Specsavers aids. Is there anything I can do? This feels punitive towards NHS customers.

Also, my left ear is only moderately bad, and having a mould in makes my voice really boomy and feels unnecessary. The mould in my right (much worse) ear is fine. Do you think I can get them to change the left ear to have an open dome while leaving the right ear with a mould?

These are seriously good aids and far more adjustable than my last pair, but they are going to take some getting used to and if I can’t stream, that could be a deal breaker and I’ll need to fork out for private aids.

Any thoughts at all would be welcome.

You haven’t got Specsavers Aids.

They are talking about the actual Aids called Specsavers Advance Aids that don’t work with the streamer.

1 Like

So do you think that would work with these aids? That would make a big difference.

Then I’d only have to get used to the horrible occlusion in my left ear. Unless I can get them to change that for a dome.

Yes :+1: :+1:

You’ll be fine. It’ll work.

If you want to reassure yourself. Email Connevans.

1 Like

You’re a star! Thank you.

1 Like

You can ask them to redo the mold with a bigger vent, this will help with that.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll ask about that.

And in fact they are working on it now. Thank you for suggesting it.

1 Like