UK folks - anyone using NHS Lothian?

At long last I have an NHS retest in a few weeks. Is anyone here also a user of NHS Lothian? I’m interested to know what Phonak aids they’re currently dispensing.

My current mismatched set are Nathos S+ and a Nathos Auto, both BTE with ear moulds. What I would like is something compatible with current Roger products and phone integration.

I bailed on my NHS aids in 2021 after a long delay in a replacement HA and ear mould in favour of Costco KS10s. These end warranty next summer and a back up would be good.

1 Like

Don’t know about Lothian, but our Morecambe Bay Trust use Phonak Nathos Nova, which are Marvel M70. They have Roger Direct, but you’d still need Roger licenses installed.

1 Like

I don’t know about your hospital but your current set up can still use the Roger Altho I don’t know why they thought it was okay to let you use mix match hearing aids.

My friend’s hospital has only just got the 2015 Natho Auto and have finally stopped giving out the Nathos first generation from 2008.

Some hospitals are very far behind others.

1 Like

Out of interest @garethjwells where did you get your ks aids from?

I picked mine up from Costco Glasgow, a last minute decision instead of P90’s from Boots. This was 2021.

I’m now saying daily prayers for Sonova and Costco to give it another go…

Yes, I originally had Roger X shoes on a pair of Nathos S+ with a 1.1 pen and other accoutrements.

I lost one aid during lockdown, eventually receiving a replacement (an Auto) but the Roger X receiver was via my employer and shoes were hard to find. I have a myLink loop which could, in a pinch work. However it’s a faff plus the aids don’t quite give me what I need at times (speech in noise) as I work on a hybrid basis.

Meantime back in 2021 I bit the bullet and went private, got the KS10s and subsequently a Roger On iN through my employer. I’m quite happy with the Phonak sound, it works for me, so something that integrates better with my work equipment would help.

1 Like

Have your Roger Xs got serial numbers above 1744?

I’ll need to check. If they do, this means I can extract the licenses?

1 Like