Two BT Sources Not Playing Well

My Phonak P90’s two BT connections aren’t getting along. Example: If I’m watching a YouTube video on my PC, and a notification is received on the P90, the video/audio pauses, then begins cycling on/off every few seconds. It doesn’t matter whether the notification is audible or vibration.
Anybody have any ideas?

I have this problem too between my laptop and Android phone. Sometimes the app will still play a sound even when the volume is off, but it will hijack the bluetooth connection from the laptop.

There is a setting in Android Settings > Bluetooth > Click the cog for the P90 (the one with the headset icon) and then toggle “Media Audio” to off.
However this will disable audio output for all apps, so you can’t listen to music etc so it’s not really a satisfactory solution.

There are some apps in the Play store that can mute the volume for specific apps only and leave others that can play sound, but they still don’t stop Android from hijacking the bluetooth and playing no sound.

On a technical level, we need to be able to stop the offending app from even being able to reach the Android hardware. I’m not sure how to do it yet.