TV Sound Bar Recommendations

I am finding that most TV sound bars are set up to enhance sound effects and actually make speech harder to understand. Is there a sound bar that focuses on enhancing speech rather than sound effects?

What type of hearing aids do you have? Many have a TV Streamer that will stream sound directly to the HAs. They also allow the volume to be controlled separately from the default TV output. I just ordered one myself.

1 Like

I have Oticon aids and have the Oticon TV adapter and use it to stream the TV audio to my aids. In fact I receive mostly the speech component and not near as loud background sounds.

1 Like

We have a Sonos Beam that has a speech enhancement setting. Since getting it, I only use the Phonak TV streamer when our little grandkids spend the night and we have to put the Beam on Night Mode so the sound is low because their bedroom shares a wall with the den where we watch TV (and after having them all day, I need them to stay asleep!).

ZVOX, actually has multiple hearing aid type settings.

I used the Costco version of the Yamaha Yas-209 soundbar. It, too, has a voice enhancement setting that is pretty good. It’s nowhere near as good as the TV streamer for my Jabras. Voices are simply much clearer at lower TV volume through the streamer, IMO.

This works for us because my wife doesn’t care about TV sound. If you watch with someone else who isn’t using compatible HAs, they either have to put up with TV sound, or you have to limit yourself to optical or BT speakers/soundbar, and you have to figure out how to connect both your streamer and the speakers to optical or BT simultaneously.

1 Like

Another vote for the ZVOX soundbar.

1 Like

Yes and if my HA are in the dryer I can go without and just adjust the ZVOX to suite my loss…many options and while they are not a HA company the AV355 I have is the only soundbar I’ve ever owned that does improve how speech sounds to me from the TV. I’ve tried Yamaha and others from Costco, all mediocre at speech understanding.

1 Like