Turn on time seems VERY long - Phonic Audeo Lumity, L90-312 (battery)

Just started my trial of the new battery version of the Phonak Audeo Lumity L90-312.

Despite a lot of setting changes in the set up appointment (including turning off delayed start) the time it takes to turn on seems VERY long. Using a stopwatch, I got 8 seconds from battery door close to volume on or 5-6 seconds from when I have it in my ear waiting for sound to turn on.

Tthere are no audio sounds (long or short beeps) , it is just off then turns on. All my previous Phonak hearing aids (CICs and Audeo Lumity rechargeable) were capable of turning on immediately once the battery door was closed. We even tried a factory reset.

Is this long time normal or did we miss something?

@Conndor Do you get a jingle when you turn on the hearing aids?

You can have no delay, or choose from 6 or 12 seconds startup.

Again this can turned on or off in target software.

1 Like

Thanks but delay start turned off and takes 8 seconds from battery door close to turning on. With previous Phonak aids when I’ve had the delay start chimes, it only took 4-5 seconds to finish and turn on.

No jingle (long or short sounds) and I believe it is because we turned them off.

Previous Phonak aid I

• turned off the long delay start jingle (takes 4-5 seconds)
  • turn on the short jingle notifying that it’s on automated program (takes 2-3 seconds)
  • from turning aid on, I’ll get a short jingle and turn on basically when done, which my wife appreciates as she always wants to say something when I don’t have my hearing aids in!

Even when we got the long or short jingle going, it took 8 seconds to turn on from batter door closed

It is POSSIBLE that the delay is built in to prevent feedback from occurring while you are inserting the hearing aids into your ear canal. My Jabra 20s have a similar delay, and I know it is deliberate, as the user manual highlights it.

Jim G

Your experience with the new rechargeable version of the Phonak Audeo Lumity L90-312 hearing aid is indeed questionable. Turning on with a delay of 5-8 seconds seems quite long, especially when compared with previous models, which turned on immediately after closing the battery compartment. The lack of beeps when turned on also adds to the uncertainty.

Thanks. Yes we were able to turn the long beeps or short beeps on or off.

Bit perplexing we were able to turn both off, turn off delay start and still have 8 seconds.

I might try turning them back on and timing to see if there’s a difference or the same.

1 Like