Trying to use Aventa 3.12 to tweak my linx2 961's via Noahlink wireless, but

I have a pair of Resound Linx2 961DRW aids, Aventa 3.12, and a Noahlink wireless. I had no problem pairing the two aids to the Noahlink and the software recognizes them including displaying their serial numbers but when I take the next step to “connect” I get “connection error” “unable to connect” message. I’m mystified. Windows reports that the Noahlink is working fine. Unfortunately, the Aventa software’s help file seems to be just the slim manual with no index or actual help. Anyone run into this and solved it?

I have a pair of Resound Linx2 961DRW aids, Aventa 3.12, and a Noahlink wireless. I had no problem pairing the two aids to the Noahlink and the software recognizes them including displaying their serial numbers but when I take the next step to “connect” I get “connection error” “unable to connect” message. I’m mystified. Windows reports that the Noahlink is working fine. Unfortunately, the Aventa software’s help file seems to be just the slim manual with no index or actual help. Anyone run into this and solved it?

You speak about the two devices like they are the same. But NOAHlink, Is not Noahlink Wireless! In order to avoid confusion over names see the following link for the correct name of this device;
Noah, NOAHlink, or Noahlink Wireless.

Can you post some screen clips?

Start / Select Noahlink Wireless;

Connection Assistance: Even if you don’t put in a new battery, maybe cycle the doors open/closed:

I am using the NoahLink Wireless device and choosing it from the drop down menu in Aventa. It’s obviously recognizing the device because it reports the serial number of each when it pairs but then won’t connect successfully. It occurred to me overnight (after I posted this question) that while it obviously encourages me to check of the boxes for the aids, it may fail because I checked off both. Perhaps I have to connect one at a time and I was so frustrated yesterday afternoon that I didn’t think of or try that. I won’t have time off to spend with this setup 'til Wednesday so I’ll try it then and perhaps get another suggestion in the meantime.

I did choose Noahlink Wireless and did try recycling the doors and doing so with fresh batteries. What I didn’t try and realized overnight is attempting to connect to only one of the aids. I simply checked off the two and, since the software didn’t preclude my doing so, I didn’t even think of trying with a single aid.

That won’t be the problem, as it makes no difference at all wether you tick the box just the one or both hearing aids, from memory you only have certain amount of time that they are in discovery mode, so make sure you connect as soon you close the battery doors and the start up dings start.

I made sure in multiple attempts to immediately attempt connection after closing the aid doors with fresh batteries. I had no problem pairing to them so the software recognized the model and serial number of each but wouldn’t connect to manage the settings in the aids. That’s why I posted my inquiry.

Can you post a screen clip? Black out your serial number.

I shot these a couple of days ago. As you can see Aventa finds the two aids and displays their serial numbers but when I take the next step to connect them, it fails.

From aventa-user-guide.pdf

For wireless fittings, open and close the battery door of the hearing
instrument(s). Once this is done, they will be in discovery mode for 30
seconds. Click “Connect” in the upper right corner of the Aventa 3 Start
screen to start the wireless detection. The AirlinkTM will search for the
hearing instrument(s).

That’s really strange, you appear to be doing everything correctly, could it be that you have 2 different hearing aids, as in not a matching pair with possibly different firmware?
Although I’ve had a similar experience with the pop up triangle, it actually told me the problem it said it couldn’t connect because the firmware in one was corrupted.
Can you get hold of the cables/ flex strip with a hipro, you could force a connection this way plus upgrade firmware if that’s the problem.

I don’t have direct connection wires. I bought the NoahLink Wireless because I couldn’t bring myself to pay a hundred bucks or more for a 2 dollar wire and adapter. I figure that after I’ve tuned my and a friend’s aids I can either resell the Noah or just hang onto it for future needs. I tried connecting to one aid at a time which I would think would get around any difference in firmware version in the two aids. They are NOT a pair. I actually bought one in the USA and one in Sweden, both set up for right ear, but I know the only difference between right and left are in settings I choose within Aventa. I made the choice and I can ping either aid and it appears in the appropriate ear. I’m mystified, but I’m going to spend my Sunday trying to get past this glitch so I can tune these things to my liking.

A couple of things to try;

Maybe start with SmartFit instead of Aventa. SmartFit will bring up Smart Launcher, then if the hearing instruments require fitting by Aventa then Smart Launcher will bring up Aventa. You can also select them manually.

I don’t know how to look at Noahlink Wireless Firmware version on Aventa? Mine is 2.17;

Scroll down to the bottom of this Airlink 2 link to find the Firmware updater and documentation. Airlink 2 and Noahlink Wireless are the same device.

Good idea pvc, I second this, as this is my set up since I upgraded my airlink2 and could well be the problem, possibly to do with the drivers/ firmware in smartFit software.