Trying out Starkey Ignite 30 VC cic

I have profound hearing loss and my word recognition is very poor
My provider talked me into trying out a set of Ignites and so far they work great ( I never would have believed a set of cic’s would work this well with my hearing loss) I also have the surflink media remote and can use the phone again.
My problem is I don’t know if the benefits out way the cost. he is offering me the aids for 3200.00 which is a very good price I think. + 500.00 for the surflink
While the aids are a huge jump up from my current aids that are about 8 years old. I still prettymuch need to read lips to understand people im talking to
Before I commit to these I am wondering if a set of cheaper aids with either fm or just a neckloop may work about as well, As far as hearing goes anyway
I use the surflink to stream music from my phone to my aids and they sound like a pair of high quality earbuds.
Does anyone make a aid that has good quality sound through the t-coil?
Is there anything else available that may be a little less high tech but still works well
and is cheaper?
while $3200.00 sounds like a good deal, It’s still a lot of money to me

If you have a profound loss and are wearing CIC aids then maybe you need your hearing re tested. CIC aids are only suitable for mild to moderate and can cope with a few frequencies in the severe range.

I’m very surprised you are not having problems with feedback.

When you are profoundly deaf you need the most powerful aid like a ultra power aid to be able to hear anything.

Other people say that feedback suppression damages the quality of sound.

These aids are cool! they are completely wireless, He basically gave me a hearing test and adjusted the aids at the same time while I was wearing them.
I can get feedback in one ear if i move my jaw around just right it will get feed back for a split second then the aids will cancel it out. But they will whistle.
I have only been wearing them for 4 days and I have a month to try them out. But I have just that, If I don’t get them then the price would go up about $1000.00
He will be out of the office next week
I will get a chart from him to post
I have been wearing BTE’s for about 10 years and was surprised when he wanted to try these
I have been going to him for about 20 years and he knows me and my hearing pretty well
I am still hoping to find out if there is something out there that will work for me for less money

I personally can’t see how you would be getting much benefit from these are all. CIC aids can not be programmed for a profound loss.

Starkey does tend to make stronger CIC aids than other companies and has pretty good feedback control, so if you’re going to go with any CICs with a severe / profound loss I’d go with Starkey.

They do have an Ignite 20 which would cost less than the 30, it’s going to have less noise reduction and less available adjustments. Since you know your audiologist pretty well, I’d ask him what the pros / cons are of the two models for your particular hearing loss.

I’m leaning toward trying something BTE. (went through a set of batterys in 4 days) And the wind noise on the golf course was really bad, much worse than my old bte’s
But I just love the bluetooth and the streaming.
They have t-coils and I tryed them today with a bluetooth neckloop, That is a big step down from the sound quality of the BT streaming. But as far as talking on the phone, It was clear just not as pleasant.
I’m pretty sure starkey makes a bte wireless as well.
so does any other company make something pretty good for less?

how about Focus 50 from microtech, its about customade hearing aid for severe to frofound hearing loss ??

i read from the articel and than call to hearing center , they saud it can be for severe to profound hearing loss…

and i have tinnitus in my ears, how should i do cause i am not to hearing loss,