Trying kirkland signature 7.0

Yes its ontario only requirement for costco.
I see they started taking order for KS7 in your city. Good luck, do provide some feedback.

Thanks;

However he was not very supportive of their new KS 7 hearing aids. He said they are a repackaged Rexton Trax 42ā€™s with a couple ad on features.

you need to find either a smarter aud or an honest one.

Iā€™ll do that! I hope to order them today. Iā€™ve already had the testing, etc.

+1 Iā€™d go somewhere else if Iā€™d gotten a line like that.

Truck12, can you fill in some details regarding what is included for $1700? I want to compare with what came with the Trax 42s.

• Is the warranty still 3 years, with a 2 year loss coverage (one time per ear)?
  • Were there any 'free' offers e.g. smart remote or smart power charger or smart connect (bluetooth connector)?

Thanksā€¦

http://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-styles.html and ks7userportal.com will provide you with all that info.

Iā€™ll answer after a trip to Costco

Yes.

No.

In about 20 minutes, I returned the Trax 42s for full credit and ordered the KS 7.0s.

HIDs explained I couldnā€™t go back to the Trax 42s (presumably because they no longer sell them as such), and that battery life would be shorter (I had the XMs using #13 batteries). For $900, I can deal with that.

So does the new KS7 have rechargeable batteries, since the Trax42 does?

You could call one of their clinics and ask these questions. In my experience, theyā€™re very straightforward.

just tried out new ks 7 and phonak brio at Costco on 9/24, this was just the first shot programming according to my audiogram. Both sounded natural to me, the phonaks did a better job of filtering out the low frequency hum of the store refrigerators and ventilation system with voices sounding a little crisper overall. I would rate the k7 's which are rexton trax 42ā€™s, about 90 percent of the phonaks and cost $900 less per pair. The Rextons are made by Siemens I believe, and the brios the best I can tell are phonak v90ā€™s with some features disabled in the programming. The Costco dispenser refused to comment on which model the phonaks are, claims they donā€™t tell him and he doesnā€™t know BS

10 10 10 20 50 70
10 10 10 40 50 70

The Brio is earlier hardware. They preceded the V-series.

The KS 7 spec sheet shows a rechargeable battery lifetime for the lowest powered model, the S receiver, of ā€œup to 16 hoursā€. All other receivers have a " - " in that field. Iā€™d take that as a warning.

Discussions in the Trax 42 forums had many references to the rechargeable 312 batteries (which the KS 7ā€™s use) having a hard time lasting through the day. With the Trax 42 @ $2600, one could get the charger and battery as a free accessory. That doesnā€™t appear to be the case withe KS 7.

Given that Costco batteries cost about $0.18 each, the rechargeables need replacement yearly or sooner, and the charger and batteries arenā€™t free with the KS 7, you can decide which way to go.

Doc Jake and corona, Iā€™m surprised that youā€™re disagreeing that the KS7s are repackaged Rexton Trax 42ā€™s with a few more features. Iā€™ve looked through the KS7 manual online and at the printed manual that I got with my Trax 42s, and as far as I can tell, the content is identical. The only differences are the HA names, formatting, and that the KS7 manual is online, and the Rexton is not. Am I missing something?

Oh woops Iā€™m not disagreeing (or necessarily agreeing, either) with that. Itā€™s even what I heard at Costco. But there seem to be a lot of benefits to buying the Costco brand, rather than Rexton. Thatā€™s the first thing. I guess the other is that I really expect thorough, detailed information in an encounter like this. But maybe I misspoke.

I just got back from taking my Dad to Costco for his first appointment for hearing aids. His hearing loss is primarily high frequency, moderate on one side (rifle club in high school), severe on the other (car accident/skull fracture etcā€¦).

The tech pulled out the KS7 and the Rexton Trax 42ā€™s. Yes, the KS7 is similar to the Rexton Trax with a few more features. Since my father is a big music listener, she emphasized that they have programs pre-set for listening to live music, music through speakers, and if you are playing the instrument yourself. The tech admitted the new KS7ā€™s are a great deal.

The only reason she had the Rextons out at all was she heard he had an interest in rechargeables and she said that the KS7 is only available in the smaller size with 312 batteries or rechargeable equivalents. The smaller rechargeable batteries with the KS7 doesnā€™t last long enough for many people. She said up to 10 hrs but this varies greatly depending on your battery use of course. She had one patient with more severe loss who had his die mid-afternoon. She pushed this hearing aid as one you can ā€œgrowā€ into if your battery needs increase. But my Dad decided that didnā€™t necessitate an addition ?$800 bucks. So heā€™s giving up on the rechargeable battery ideas, and hopes his big hands can manage the battery changes with the magnet.

We didnā€™t have time to do a full trial/fitting today, but my Dad has already decided to take home the KS7ā€™s for sure. Will return next week to pick them up and sign the contract.

Spent day with family, grandsons, daughters-in-law, wife etcā€¦definitely caught more conversation with ks 7.0 than pre 7.0. Most impressive to me was ability to hear everyone while we ate at restaurant. Iā€™ve noticed that if my voice sounds tinny to me, itā€™s because I have receivers in too far. I donā€™t have anything on my receivers because my low frequency hearing is fine.

I got my Resound Calas last week and they are an improvement over my Phonak Naidia, and I really like the iPhone app. Not too intuitive, but better than nothing. I have been wearing HAs for 15 years and get new ones about every three years, at about 5,000 to $6,000 a pair. This is my first experience with Costco and so far I am impressed. I do find the new HAs too shart on doors shutting and toilet flushing, but I intend to wait until my brain adjusts. I am however becoming more interested in the KS7, so I too am looking forward the the review, but since he is new to HAs, he will not have any way of knowing how good they are.

Do a little researchā€¦ the ks7 is basically the Signia px7 without the tinnitus feature. The trac is the Siemens bx7 without the tinnitus feature. I wear the carat bx7 with the hot receivers and size 13 batteries. I was offerred and tried the px7 I couldnt tell a difference and stayed with the bx as they are fine tuned. In the spring Signia is bringing out an aid that will no longer need the easytek to communicate with bt devices. I would go replaceable size 312 batteries and with a size 13 itā€™s a toss up.

You can only operate in the realm of present product offerings. If it were me, and if I was within the 6 month purchase window, I would return the Trax 42 and purchase the KS7. If not within the 6 month window, there is nothing to be done.

Pouting is working for me. :slight_smile: