Trialling Widex 440

I am trialling the Widex 440. Currently I am on Oticon miniRite Opn S1

I have a question about the TV Play streamer. I understand their usage have used the Oticon TV Connect.

My question is whether the TV speakers cut out whilst I am streamer? I need my wife to hear the speakers sound. Is this TV dependant more than the device? My current TV allows the external
speakers and the Oticon device

Thank you.

The Widex TV streamer should work the same, as your tv allows for both, it’s not the connected device that determines this in most cases.

I have used it and it streams with tv sound output. I believe it’s a setting within your tv if it’s not automatic.

I have Widex Moment 440 and the Widex TV Play, and an LG TV

In my case the output is “selectable” and when using the digital out for the TV play (which you have to select on the TV) this cuts out the normal TV speakers

Thank you for your response. Do you have too select it as a sound source which then cuts out the loudspeaker or does it automatically stream?

What TV do you have?

Thanks

Thank you for your response. Shame. Oticon TV adapter just streams and leaves the speakers active

It was with our previous Samsung tv & it automatically streamed to me whilst keeping usual sound output. I know sometimes you need to go into a specific area of the tv settings & select output options to keep the general sound coming out. Might be worth finding your tv makers technical support & asking-if you can’t find it in settings. I know sometimes it can be difficult to find depending on tv.