Travelling to China (from Europe) with Roger mics

I will be travelling to China (from Europe) shortly, for work, and I’ve been trying to get some insight into if there might be problematic to bring my Roger mics. I’ve travelled plenty with them, but from what I understand there can be issues with bringing certain kinds of electronic equipment into China. The Phonak white paper on the Roger system very clearly states that the system can be freely used around the world, but given that this has not been the case with all earlier systems + it’s very costly equipment I would like some reassurance that I can in fact bring the microphone system with me. Does anyone have experience of/knowledge about this? I don’t really envision there being any problems, but I also do not want to get stuck at customs. Phonak is sold in China, so that’s at least a good starting point. The Chinese embassy in Stockholm has not been able to answer my queries, neither has the EU Delegation in Beijing. I’ve been advised to contact Phonak’s customer support, but I’m not sure what they are going to say expect for what’s in the white paper (I’ve emailed them, but not received a reply yet).

I don’t think that’s a problem.
I’ve been there more than 15 times on business and always have my TV connector and backup HA’s with me.
Only once have they picked me out after the x-ray. I had some electronic boards with me. I explained what I had them for (visiting an electronics manufacturer). That was it.

1 Like

That’s reassuring! I travel quite a lot for work too (around five international business trips per year), but almost exclusively within Europe and to North America. On occassion, my Roger system (three table mics and a Roger pen) has raised some interest going through airport security, but very rarely. My potential worry is that earlier versions of systems similar to mine have used frequency bands that are not allowed in all parts of the world (hence Phonak’s claims about how you are free to travel with their Roger system).