Tool for detaching an Oticon Micro Mold

Where can I get this (+ shaped) tool for detaching an Oticon Micro Mold? Or can some other DIY tool be used?

Here’s a couple examples of tool usage:

1 Like

It looks like you could use a paper clip to remove the plug and then you should be able to use a #2 Philips (crosspoint) head to push the unit through

— Updated —

It looks like you could use a paper clip to remove the plug and then you should be able to use a #2 Philips (crosspoint) head to push the unit through

That’s not a plug. It’s a wax filter. When you buy replacement wax filters the kit comes with a tool for removal/replacement of wax filters. So the first step is not really a problem.

As for the second step…
Yikes, I wouldn’t want to try shoving a pointed tool into the receiver/speaker. :slight_smile: Maybe you could try it first and let me know if it works.

2 Likes

The tool is made of plastic and looks like a standard punch and from watching my audi it looks like she just puts the punch in the hole after removing the wax trap and pushes the receiver out of the mold.

1 Like

(If you haven’t already) you might try www.hearingaid-parts.co.uk They may be able to help.
It seems that the part you are after is Oticon 825-01-210 Micro Mold Removal Tool if that is any help - (you may know this).

Cheers

— Updated —

(If you haven’t already) you might try www.hearingaid-parts.co.uk They may be able to help.
It seems that the part you are after is Oticon 825-01-210 Micro Mold Removal Tool if that is any help - (you may know this).

Cheers

I snagged this Speaker Tool Set for Oticon miniFit. It has one tool for a 60 receiver and another for an 85 receiver. The difference between 60 and 85 tools seem to be on the end used for inserting the receiver into the custom mold. The other end (for making the receiver click open before removal) seems to be the same size on both tools. And that end is round (not a cross point) and it seems to be the same size as a jumbo paper clip. Ha!

The receiver tools seem to be different tools for different platforms. This is for the miniFit.

Sorry, the pictures got lost.

Any small Allen wrench will work. They are just pushing on the Power Receiver housing in the video. It pops out of the Micro-Mold pretty easily. Make sure the Allen wrench or whatever you use doesn’t force the wax guard on the Power Receiver housing into it. i.e. The diameter of the Allen wrench must fit into the Micro-mold output hole snuggly for it to be large enough to “catch” the circular Power Receiver housing output area.

P.S. I’ve used finishing nail punches as well. The video shows the exact receiver on my Cochlear Hybrid implant acoustic component. Be careful, use a plastic punch if you can get one, and don’t try this if you are not confident in your ability to manipulate small hand tools on delicate medical devices.

1 Like

I have the same question. I need to remove a micro-mold from a 10year old Oticon Delta speaker. How could an Allen wrench be a substitute?

Thank you, but I have a 10yo Oticon Delta HA with a standard 80db speaker and a small acrylic mold attached to it. I do not understand. Does the Allen wrench or phillips screwdriver have to be big enough to get thru the mold hole but not enter into the speaker? What is the proper movement to detach the speaker? Do I twist the Allen wrench while holding the speaker? Thank you!!!

I’ll try to get a photo posted. In the meantime, I want to preserve the speaker- the hard mold is hurting my ear canal and my audi is frustrated with me. I do not want to see her for 1/2 year! I’ll just put a soft dome on it. She misinterpreted my original complaint and had a 2nd mold made that is bigger on the outside to cut out feedback- but the issue is the speaker was too loose INSIDE the mold. I cannot grind it down the 2nd mold to fit- it is a lost cause. She is the only audi in town, normally I like her a lot, but this fitting is just not working out. Thanks for your help…

I tore apart a RIC mold that was brown and a hard plastic. Looked very much like molds I see pictures of on this site. It was labeled Phonak and some numbers. I carefully broke pieces away from the receiver. When I got to the receiver it was not like any receivers you typically see. It had a separate speaker with two tiny wires going to very small metal rectangular device. From there another set of wires went to the aid. I can not imagine trying to replace this receiver.

1 Like

People are saying I can detach the mold with a very small Allen wrench. I just don’t know how this is done. I’ve seen audi’s doing this easily with a special tool.

As PVC asked, a picture would be great.

Yes! Thank You!!! My molds and Delta HA’s look exactly like the above. Btw, would you be selling these? I realize they would have to be programmed. Just asking…

Yes, they were all the same power output- 80db, max. No frills. Small #10 battery. Unfortunately, I’m drifting down into needing a higher power receiver- but cannot fit the larger newer ones in my ear canal. Know about wire sizes. Thanks for your replies.

The top picture appears to be like the one I tore apart.

1 Like

pvc- the new Oticon 85 was too wide- when an acrylic mold was added around it. I’m up a creek. I laughed at your dirt comment, though- it is right-on. I’m hoping the new OTC ones next year might help me…

OK, one last question: Why would an Allen wrench work, which is a hexagon, six-sided angle shape, when the mold hole is a 4 sided, more of a cross shape? Thank you so much for your reply.

OK, thanks. Yes, I do understand I will need a dome or hard mold placed on the speaker. Thanks.

1 Like

Hmmmm… Thanks for coming up with a creative idea, but I need a definite x-shaped tool punch. I cannot find them anywhere.