Tinnitus SoundSupport in Philips 9040 at Costco?

We have put together a very comprehensive page for the Philips 9040 at Costco (better late than never right).

We have received some conflicting information from our sources about the tinnitus feature. Is this available to Costco purchasers? Perhaps @Volusiano knows the answer?

BTW, still hoping to receive your review @billgem !

Give me a few days, Abram. Very busy schedule right now, helping a grandson who broke his leg in a high school soccer game. I want to do a good job and not submit something slap dash.

1 Like

Oh in that case, take all the time you need. Thought it maybe went into the “too hard basket” … Sorry to hear about your grandson. Wishing him well.

1 Like

Thank you. Especially hard since his older brother lost his season last year to a torn ACL. They’re 2 years apart in age and the older one graduates this year, so they’ll never get a chance to play together. Very disappointing for them. Meanwhile lots of chauffeuring to PT and doctor’s appointments for me because both parents work.

Ah that’s so frustrating. I watched this video this week:

It reminded me that in every tragedy there’s opportunity… Hopefully your grandsons find the silver lining.

I can see that the Philips HearSuite programming software does include tinnitus support. But whether Costco suppresses this feature like they did with the KSxx rebrand of the Phonak aids or not, I don’t know.

Maybe the question is not whether the different brands’ aids have tinnitus support in the Costco version or not, but the question is whether Costco’s policy does not allow their dispensers to enable this feature for their customers because they don’t want to expend the extra time and effort to support this, since their $1499 price includes the service and is not a la carte.

Well, both questions are good. On the latter question, yes, I suspect that’s the issue.