Thoughts on Widex and Siemens HAs

OK so I’m creating another thread to find out what people are saying/thinking regarding the Widex and Siemens lines of HAs. My audiologist recommended Phonak Audeo S SMART V initially but she also says that Siemens and Widex are very good. Anybody have experience with these manufacturers, and if so, any thoughts? Which model(s) have you tried?

Thanks.

I have tried bouth, Siemens Pure 500, Pure 701 and Widex Passion 115.
And Widex Passion is much better music- and speek-voice quality and volume. But better if you self can try. You self do’t know if you not try…

sorry my ‘english’

Siemens is a massive technology company with top knotch engineers and scientists active in many fields including State of the Art medical machinery.

However, their hearing aid retail distribution policies are much different than is typical of many of Europe’s manufacturers’ tightly controlled retail distribution. As a result some professionals prefer selling aids that have an assured profit structures.

From what I have observed Siemens products are fully the equal of the best available.
Ed

Thanks for the insight, ed. Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

I disagree with the comment that Siemens are in touch with everyone else in terms of products… They used to be good but their will they wont they sell hasnt helped them

Phonak, Oticon, Widex and ReSound are leading the way at the moment for product development.

Try a couple out before you decide

I have used many Widex hearing aids, and in my experience, compared to two different sets of Oticon hearing aids, it seems that Widex amplifies better in the low frequencies, which helps me to hear voices, including soft voices. I find their sound fuller, but I cannot compare to Siemens, because I used that many years ago.

Some says that some manufacturers have not advanced because of lack of features. But have never experienced that any feature of a hearing aid made much difference. Sound quality and fitting is the most important.

I once worked for an independent dealer, that happened to be the largest Siemens chain in the UK. I’ve fitted many Siemens aids, and seen many that patients have.

In my experience I’ve always considered them middle of the road. They are not bad (unless you are talking Miracle Ear flavors), and they are not great either. In modern parlance: meh!

While as someone pointed out they are a massive corporation, they also have their fingers in a lot of pies. Personally, I think the best innovation comes from hearing aid companies that ONLY make hearing aids and related equipment. These companies have to compete at the highest level, because they don’t have fifty other branches of the corporation to bail them out if they make a loss.

So just from my perspective, I’d pick Widex over Siemens any day.

Hello, Siemens was the only ITE digital that would work for me, no other brand would work with my loss for an ITE ha.

I’m happy to hear that, since I ordered my Widex Clear Fusion 330 yesterday (with the MDEX remote for telephone connectivity). I have also heard from a couple of people that once you use Widex, you’ll never switch to anything else. Also, since I have tinnitus (and currently own maskers that work fine), the ZEN program that Widex offers, although new, sounds of interest to me. One less device to have to worry about is a good thing.

Originally was going for the Phonaks but read here and elsewhere that music sound wasn’t optimal, and as that’s important to me as a pianist, I decided to stay away for the time being.

Lots of this is trial and error, like finding the correct med dosing, or a new doctor, etc., or a partner for that matter :).

So, on April 20th I get them and will report back here after having used them for a couple of weeks. All I can say is I cannot wait.

I’ve never used widex aids but have very much wanted to try them due to their implementation of frequency transposition. This is not at all like Phonak’s sound recover technology but is a competing technology. If you read the link below, widex subtly knocks phonak’s frequency compression technology.

http://www.widex.pro/en/technology/digitalsignalprocessing/signalprocessing/frequencytransposition/

Due to frequency transposition some with unusual audiograms may want to include widex aids as part of their trial.

Siemen is not top of the line. but they do, I believe, have a very unique implementation of 3 microphones in their top of the line aids.

Thanks for that information, it’s interesting. I think each company touts whatever technology they think is the best and what makes them better than everyone else, so it’s just a matter of finding the best one for you. Two weeks from today I get my new devices and am really looking forward to it.