Thoughts on BT headphones for hearing aid users

I wear BTE with RIE, specifically Resound Quattro. They are paired with my iPhone for phone calls. I can, but don’t, play music on the phone through the aids.

I’m interested in success stories from users who have success with circumaural noise reduction BT headphones, primarily from the major brands, Sony, Sennheiser, and Bose. I’m interested in them for the ability to pair with multiple sources, 2 different televisions in particular, so that I can more easily watch tv with my wife.

I have a large head and large ears … ears are one of the few body parts that keep growing, and I’m 70.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks!

I have Sony WH-1000XM2.
Santa is bringing me a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4’s.
I have Phonak Marvel M90-R’s.
Without my HA’s the Sony sound is good but high’s are missing.
(Look at my audiogram and you can see why.)
With my HA’s + Sony, the sound is more complete.
The XM4’s will have larger cups and should work better.

The Marvels do quite well streaming by themselves, but low frequencies aren’t as full as with HA’s + Sony WH-1000XM2.

And I really like noise cancellation!

Trader, do you generally listen to TV without your HAs and use headphones? Now you found that wearing both work better for watching TV? I stream directly to HAs. Just curious as looking seriously to upgrade to marvel 90s

The current Sony XM3 will only pair with 1 device. (The XM4 will pair with 2, but not released yet)
The Bose 700 will pair with 2, as will Sennheiser Momentum3.
If Noise cancellation is 1st priority go with Bose.
If Sound is 1st priority go with Sennheiser.
Or wait for the XM4 from Sony, better sound than Bose , better N/C than Sennheiser.
Decisions, huh?
I have the Sennheiser M2, and the sound is great, but if you have big ears, they aren’t for you.

1 Like

I have Phonak Marvel M90 R’s. I use Bose noise cancelling headphones over my hearing aids when watching TV - I am really pleased with them and it means that my better half can listen at his hearing level or not at all.

I’m not much of a TV watcher. I usually watch an hour or so of cable news and that’s it for the day. When watching TV I don’t find I want or need anything more than my Marvels.

I’m a classically trained musician and in college I majored in performance on violin and piano. I spend most of my time with my piano and listening to music.

I only use the Sony WH-1000XM2 when streaming music from primephonic.com.